Results: 231

1981 Aston Martin Lagonda Série 1 

No reserve 

Carte grise française 

Châssis n° LOOL13083 

Moteur n° V/580/3083 

- Bel état d'origine, vendue neuve en France 

- La plus puissante des 4 séries, matching number 

- Encore très abordable, un vrai " collector " 

- Sans réserve 

La très ancienne marque britannique Lagonda, victorieuse des 24 h du Mans 1935 a été achetée en même temps que la marque Aston Martin en 1947 par l'industriel David Brown. L'Aston Martin Lagonda apparaît sans aucun doute comme l'une des productions les plus excentriques de Newport Pagnell. Dès le milieu des années 60, une berline 4 portes est mise en chantier, elle ne débouchera que sur un prototype en 1969 avant que le projet soit abandonné. En 1974 une série de Lagonda 4 portes sera bien lancée mais seul cinq exemplaires seront produits. En 1975, alors que la marque vient de déposer le bilan, on laisse carte blanche à William Towns pour développer un projet avant-gardiste et moderniser l'image de la marque. L'Aston Martin Lagonda aux lignes cunéiformes et futuristes sera présentée en 1976 avant d'être produite en 1978. La voiture à la fois longue (5,25m) et basse (1,30m) est une vitrine technologique pour la marque. 

Face aux problèmes de mises au point rencontrés sur la 1ère série, la 2ème série apparût à partir de 1984, sera fiabilisée et le système d'électronique embarqué revu. Le puissant V8 de 5,3L de 320 chevaux accouplé à une boite automatique 3 rapports Torqueflite de marque Chrysler est capable de propulser cette berline imposante mais racée à plus de 230 km/h. 

La voiture de la vente a été vendue neuve à Monaco par British Motors dans cette élégante combinaison de couleurs, gris Blenheim, cuir bleu marine et appartient aujourd'hui à un collaborateur de la maison de vente. Elle est équipée de son tableau de bord à LED toujours un peu capricieux mais elle est la représentante du premier jet, car souvent la 1ère série d'un modèle est celle qui obtient la meilleure cote auprès des vrais amateurs de la marque car elle est souvent plus racée, plus puissante et propose des solutions technologiques plus audacieuses. 645 exemplaires tous modèles confondus ont été réalisés entre 1974 et 1990. 

Merci de noter que la voiture est vendue sans contrôle technique. 

French title 

Chassis n° LOOL13083 

Engine n° v/580/3083 

- Very good original condition, sold new in France 

- The most powerful of all series, matching number 

- Still very affordable, a true collector 

- No reserve 

The Aston Martin Lagonda is without a doubt one of the most eccentric cars ever made by Newport Pagnell. From the mid-1960s, a 4-door saloon was under construction, but it only made it to the prototype stage in 1969 just before the project was shelved. In 1974, a Series 4 four-door Lagonda was launched but only 7 models were ever built. 

In 1975, when the brand had just filed a petition for bankruptcy, William Towns was given carte blanche to develop an avant-garde project and modernize the brand's image. The Aston Martin Lagonda, with edgy and futuristic lines, was unveiled in 1976 and brought to market in 1978. The car, which is both long (5.25m) and low (1.30m), was a technological showcase for the brand. 

Faced with development problems with the Series 1, the Series 2 model, which was released from 1984, was made more reliable and the onboard computer was revised. The powerful 5.3L V8 offering 300 hp coupled with a 3-speed Torqueflite automatic gearbox made by Chrysler was able to propel this gigantic but elegant saloon to more than 230 km/h. 

This Lagonda was sold new in Monaco by British Motors in this colour combination, Bleinheim silver, dark blue leather. It belongs today to an associate of the auction house. It is fitted with the typical LED instruments dashboard from the early series. Usually, the first batch of cars get the best value because they are often more racy, more powerful and offer advanced technical devices. Only 645 cars have been manufactured between 1974 and 1990. 

Photos: Copyright Christian Martin

1981 Aston Martin Lagonda Série 1 1981 Aston Martin Lagonda Série 1 1981 Aston Martin Lagonda Série 1

10-02-2017 Sold Aguttes

French title 

Chassis n ° 50490 

Engine no. 61587 

  • Official AGACI school car at the Montlhéry track 
  • Unchanged since the 1950s 
  • Used as a learner for racing drivers 
  • Mechanical overhaul 
  • No reserve 

The car on offer is well-known amongst enthusiasts. It started its life as a D6-60 coupe and in the mid-1940s it belonged to the carmaker Delahaye. On April 6, 1949, the manufacturer sent a letter to the French Association of automobile racers) proposing to place at their disposal the Delage till the end of October. The letter mentioned a special deposit for novice pilots of the AGACI (association of independent racers). The car was acquired on November 28 of the same year, for the racing drivers school based in Montlhéry. In a bad shape, it received a new two-seater sports body made by René Dhoëdt, a coachbuilder in Paris, which gave the car a new 'career', becoming the training vehicle for a whole generation of racers. 

After some years at the legendary Montlhéry autodrome, the ex-AGACI D6 retired to South of France in the early 1960s and it was sold in 1966. Untouched for 37 years, it came out of its garage in 2003, still retaining its 1950 configuration, when an enthusiast bought it, preserving as much as was possible of the original aspects. A complete mechanical overhaul was carried out by the excellent professionals 'Tous les moteurs' in Champigny sur Marne, who also work on all the French state's heritage assets. The current owner has had the single carburetor replaced by a three Solex RAIP 40s. The red leather upholstery was redone, the meters restored and the original AGACI markings redone on the bodywork. 

The car will be delivered with a complete file incorporating an original AGACI chain, as well as an original badge that was placed on the grille. 

With a history that ran concurrently with the economic development of France, this car is an invaluable part of it. It is a very easy to use car, very efficient because its low weight and its powerful engine. It can be used in historical events and is bound to get noticed. 

1937- 49 Delage D6-60 3 LSport Biplace ex-A.G.A.C.I. No reserve 1937- 49 Delage D6-60 3 LSport Bipl... 1937- 49 Delage D6-60 3 LSport Biplace ex-A.G.A.C....

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis #82930 

  • A legendary sporting career 
  • 4 participations in the 24 Hours of Le Mans 
  • The limpid history of a mythical model 
  • The archetypal French pre-war racing car 

German Grand Prix Hegemony 

On 10 October 1933 the International Federation approved a new Grand Prix formula, initially valid for a three years starting with the 1934 season (although finally extended until 1938). The main innovation allowed single-seater cars with unlimited capacity to take part in races of over 500km, providing they respected a 'dry' maximum weight (not including water, oil or fuel) of 750kg. 

Ever since his rise to power Adolf Hitler had set out to control all aspects of German life and, at the same time, exploit international events for propaganda purposes - naturally including Grand Prix races, as showcases of technical prowess. Helped by government backing, the German firms Mercedes and Auto Union dominated the Grand Prix scene to such an extent that starting grids became smaller and smaller, and effective competition from other nations disappeared: Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Bugatti, with its Type 59, were little more than also-rans. 

Reaction of ACF Directors 

The heads of the Automobile Club de France, keen to see prestigious national firms return to racing, decided to introduce new rules for the 1936 ACF Grand Prix. Bugatti agreed in principal from the outset, and were soon joined by Delage, Delahaye, Amilcar and Talbot. The new regulations, adopted on 13 October 1935, opened the event to sports cars; the declared goal was, of course, to encourage the involvement of French firms and, if possible, facilitate their success; but also to openly encourage 'reasonable' racing cars whose development could be directly applied to series cars (the Le Mans 24 Hours had been launched in much the same spirit). 

Models were therefore to be produced in minimum numbers, and conform to a model available to the public - with a catalogue of basic requirements concerning wheelbase, dimensions of the chassis, exterior dimensions of the engine block, number of cylinders, number and positioning of valves and spark-plugs, type of clutch and axle, number of gears, steering system, type of suspension, dimension of the drum brakes, etc. Additionally, cars without a hood had to have at least two seats, wings, headlights, windscreen, horn, rear-view mirror, silencer and full lighting system, plus starter. 

The new rules also called for minimum production of 20 chassis/engine ensembles. The obligatory parallel between racing cars defending their marque on the track, and cars offered by catalogue to sporting clients, would lead to the design of some magnificent GTs, individually fitted by France's master-coachbuilders, in the years before World War II. 

The 150C & its Goals: To win the ACF Grand Prix & the Le Mans 24 Hours - and help promote the Marque 

In early 1934 Anthony Lago arrived from England to take charge at Talbot and ensure its return to economic health. After a convalescent period of modifications and modernization, he decided to go into track racing for two main reasons: to generate vital publicity, and - above all - as the perfect testing ground for the firm's new models. So he naturally responded favourably to the ACF's new rules, and tasked Walter Becchia to design a new sports car at the end of 1935. 

The result was the T150C. Four cars were produced for the 1936 season (the 'series' would be completed by two further cars in 1937). To ensure Talbot could start racing, and to pay for his new team of René Dreyfus and André Morel, Lago had no option but to sell two of the four cars - although they were still assembled at the factory. One was acquired by Pierre Louis-Dreyfus who, for reasons of discretion, competed under the pseudonym Heldé; the other was sold to Francique Cadot, a little-known car enthusiast from Lyon. 

The T150C to be offered for sale 

The car offered here is the one bought by Francique Cadot in 1936. For the ACF Grand Prix, the only race he took part in, he teamed up with the volatile Henry Stoffel from Alsace. They abandoned after a fuel leak after just 10 laps. Cadot, busy with his work and aware of his limitations, soon gave up thoughts of a racing career. Before the end of the season the car was lent to Raph for the Comminges Grand Prix, then shown by Talbot at the Paris Motor Show in October. During the close season Luigi Chinetti, hitherto Talbot's chief mechanic, quit the firm following a spate of disagreements with Becchia, and set up independently. His garage in Auteuil would be tasked with servicing the two privately-owned Talbots - which, so to speak, had formed the firm's B team. Problems with preparing the official cars at the start of the 1937 season meant it was Chinetti who ensured Talbot's presence at the Mille Miglia and Le Mans. Chassis n° 82930, driven by the talented young René Le Begue, crashed out of the Mille Miglia; at Le Mans, where it was driven by Chiron & Chinetti and considered a serious outsider, it dropped out after less than 100km. 

The car was acquired soon afterwards by René Le Bègue, who used it during end-of-season events in the first half of 1938. Promising results saw him join the official Talbot team during the year, so he sold his T150C to Pierre Bouillin, who raced under the pseudonym Levegh, and needed a car to take part in the Le Mans 24 Hours (with Jean Trévoux). The team were 2nd going into the 16th hour, but had to abandon due to a problem with a cylinder-head gasket. Less than a month later their participation in the Spa 24 Hours - something of a compensatory event for unlucky Le Mans competitors - ended when they careered off the track. Levegh suffered the same mishap during the Liège-Rome-Liège rally. But a series of high-placed finishes made 1939 a good year for Talbot and its driver - although there was further disappointment at Le Mans, where the 82930 again dropped out during the 24 Hours. 

After a lengthy hiatus due to World War II, racing resumed with existing vehicles in Grand Prix races staged mostly according to Formula Libre rules to help attract as many participants as possible - naturally including Levegh at the wheel of his Talbot. He took part in the first major post-war race in the Bois de Boulogne in September 1945, and posted some fine performances in 1946 - finishing 2nd in the Belgian Grand Prix, Nantes Grand Prix and the Grand Prix des Trois Villes du Nord. 

At the end of 1946 plans for a new single-seater Talbot were announced. Encouraged by his 1946 season Levegh was one of the first to pay a deposit for one of these T26Cs (n° 110004) and - slightly optimistic about the date of delivery - sold his T150C to Edmond Mouche. Like many others at the time, Mouche chose to modernize the car's appearance ahead of the new season. Making new things out of old was all that car enthusiasts could do, given the strict limitations imposed by the Pons five-year plan banning new models in France so as to ensure raw materials were reserved for national reconstruction. The T150C had new aluminium coachwork fitted at the Lecanu workshops in Levallois, then headed to Talbot in Suresnes for a serious overhaul - with Lockheed hydraulic brakes replacing the Bendix cable brakes. But Mouche was not really a Grand Prix driver and the Talbot, now ten years old and showing its sports car origins, could hardly compete with the Maseratis and supercharged ERAs which, along with the Talbot single-seaters from 1939, took part in the Grand Prix series of 1947 (which saw the official birth of Formula One at the Pau Grand Prix). The new Delage and Delahaye models were also superior. In this context Mouche - often with José Scaron as team-mate - was making up the numbers rather than challenging for honours. Even so, the reliable Talbot managed seven finishes out of eight - the exception being the Albi Grand Prix. 

Mouche retired from track racing at the end of the season and sold the car to Louis Rosier from Clermont, who had just spent two seasons driving a T150C (90115) that had begun life as a Figoni cabriolet before being rendered more or less raceworthy by Rosier himself in 1946, then having new bodywork fitted (also by Lecanu) for the 1947 season. Rosier only bought the T150C n° 82930 from Mouche because he needed a car for the start of the season - so he could remain active while awaiting his Talbot T26C (n° 110001). Louis Rosier used the car in the early season Grand Prix before exchanging it for his new single-seater. The 82930 became his back-up car - used for occasional sports car events, or offered for hire. This is how John Claes first sat at its wheel, with 3rd place at the Grand Prix des Frontières, and also how Louis Rosier Junior made his racing debut. Rosier Senior drove it himself at the Pescara Grand Prix (open to sports cars), finishing 3rd. In 1949 Rosier and his son shared the 82930 when the Le Mans 24 Hours started up again. The car's bad luck at Le Mans persisted, with a fourth abandonment in as many participations - a fate it would also endure at the ACF Grand Prix, held exceptionally at St-Gaudens in Formula Sport. Rosier and his son did, however, enjoy success at Le Mans in 1950, at the wheel of the T26GS (110055). 

Also in 1950 - its last year of active motor racing - our now obsolete and superfluous 82930 was lent to Jean Estager, a Clermont friend of Rosier's, before being mothballed in Auvergne until 1956, when it was bought by Ecurie Les Lévriers of Paris. But there was no return to track racing and, after remaining in storage for over a decade, the car was bought by Paul Bignon in August 1967. During this period, when this type of car was of interest to hardly anyone, he often acted as an intermediary, and sold the 82930 in October 1967 to Jacques Baillon, a haulage operator from Niort who had long specialized in collecting prestigious French cars - amassing so many, in fact, that he had no time to look after them properly, or even drive them. The unused Talbot would remain his property for over a decade until 1979, when cash-flow problems prompted an auction where most of Baillon's cars were sold. It was bought by Lucien Mette Senior - who already had another buyer lined up: Edouard Bittel, who sold it on to René Mauries in 1982. Mauries, in turn, sold it to Michel Seydoux that same year. 

None of these French car enthusiasts did any work on the car, which was still in its unrestored condition of 1967 when it arrived in England in 1983, as the property of Charles Howard of 16 Queen's Gate, Place Mews in London - an area of the city popular with vintage car dealers. His neighbour Dan Margulies, of 12 Queen's Gate, acquired it soon afterwards, and had it restored with a view to making a tidy profit. But his attempts to sell it by placing advertisements in the specialist British press (complete with photograph) in July 1983 were doomed to failure. In its state at the time no one was interested, especially as no documents were available to chart its history - not even to prove it had taken part in the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1949. But the pragmatic Margulies, who remembered racing against Guy Gale's T150C (n° 82934) in 1954 at the wheel of his own Delahaye 135S (ex-Rob Walker), decided to re-fit the 82930 as a Type T150C racing car - little suspecting that this was its original raison d'être ! 

He hired the renowned specialist Paul Grist to removed the Lecanu bodywork (later sold in Italy, then seen at Retromobile five/six years ago). Grist based his bodywork on two T150Cs in England. Work was finished by the start of 1984, finally enabling the car to return to the track after an absence of nearly 35 years - at Silverstone in July. It was driven, still unpainted, by Richard Bond. One month later - now painted - it was driven by David Cohen, who had bought it in the interim. 

The Talbot was soon back with Margulies, but he wasted no time in finding another buyer: Peter Hannen, who drove it in the Historic Mille Miglia, in which the car took part on several occasions - notably in 1987, 1988 and 1989 with its next owner, Jeffrey Pattinson, dynamic director of Coys of Kensington, one of the most prominent dealers in historic automobiles. 

Five years later Pattinson sold it to Erich Trabber then, before it had been transported to Switzerland, to Peter Groh in Germany, where it underwent fresh restoration at Feierabend - before at last finding its way to Erich Trabber in 2000. The 82930 was carefully prepared and maintained by Markus Scharnost until, in 2002 it became part of the garage of the automobile connoisseur who entered it in Artcurial Motorcars 2013 Rétromobile auction during which it was purchased by Hervé Ogliastro. The car went directly to his property in the South-West of France where it was serviced and maintained by the excellent Francis Courteix. The car has been driven regularly on the back roads of this splendid region but Hervé no longer has a use for it as it serves the same purpose as his Grand Prix Bugatti. 

Collector Interest 

A large-capacity French sports car made in line with 'ACF 1936' regulations, and therefore with the goal of victory at Le Mans, is a rare animal: we are basically talking about 6 Talbot T150Cs, 4 Bugatti 57Gs, 15 Delahaye 135Ss, four 145 V12s and 2 Delages. If we narrow it down to cars that have survived in reasonable condition, we are talking about less than 20 vehicles. 

A Talbot T150C won the ACF Grand Prix and Tourist Trophy in 1937, took part in the 1937 Mille Miglia, then in the first post-war Grand Prix races in 1946 and 1947 - making our car highly historic, with a fully charted career. It is eligible for any major event in the vintage racing calendar. As such it represents a prime target for any connoisseur keen to take part in the Mille Miglia, Le Mans Classic or even, in certain conditions, the Historic Grand Prix of Monaco. 

Our car took part in the Le Mans 24 Hours on four occasions. It was owned by Levegh - whose epic drive behind the wheel of a T26GS at Le Mans in 1952, when he spent 23 hours out in front, led to his joining Mercedes for the tragic race of 1955. In 1949 our car was driven by Rosier at Le Mans, before he won the 1950 race in a post-war Talbot T26GS. In other words, this is a car with profound links to the stellar event of endurance racing. 

Even if competitive racing is not a priority for its future owner, this car's classically simple design means it can be driven on long trips without a care in the world, alone or with Madame - or in any vintage car rally. 

Pierre Abeillon 

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS 

CHASSIS 

- side-frames with interior openwork renforts 

- wheelbase: 2650mm (104in) 

- track (front & back): 1320mm (52in) 

ENGINE 

- straight 6 cylinders, longitudinally mounted at front 

- bore/stroke: 90 x 104.5mm = 3988cc 

- power in 1936: 170 bhp at 4700 rpm 

- hemispherical combustion chambers 

- overhead valves operated by pushrods & rocker-arms from lateral camshaft 

GEAR-BOX 

- Wilson pre-selector 4-speed, plus reverse 

SUSPENSION 

- front: independent wheels 

- back: rigid axle 

BRAKES 

- drums all round 

- weight: 1000-1100kg (980kg in racing version) 

- top speed: 210km/h (131mph) 

TALBOT T150C 82930 : COMPETITION RECORD

28/06/1936 GP de l'ACF 62 Cadot/Stoffel Ab 

05/07/1936 GP de la Marne 54 Bradley Forfait 

09/08/1936 GP du Comminges 38 Raph 3e 

04/04/1937 Mille Milles 139 Le Begue/Cattanéo Ab 

06/06/1937 3 H de Marseille 22 Morel 5e 

19-20/6/1937 24 H du Mans 21 Chiron/Chinetti Ab 

18/07/1937 GP de la Marne 4 Le Bègue 3e 

04/09/1937 Tourist Trophy 9 Le Bègue 2e 

19/09/1937 Journée de l'AGACI : coupe d'Automne 72 Le Bègue Ab 

19/09/1937 Journée de l'AGACI : coupe de Vitesse 72 Le Bègue 1er 

15-20/2/1938 Rallye Paris-St Raphael 72 Lamberjack 7e 

10/04/1938 GP de Pau 16 Le Bègue Forfait 

08/05/1938 Journée de l'AGACI 70 Le Bègue

18-19/6/1938 24 heures du Mans 7 Levegh/Trevoux Ab 

9-10/7/1938 24 heures de Spa 16 Levegh/Trevoux Ab 

17-21/8/1938 Liege-Rome-Liege 23 Levegh/Carriere Ab 

11/09/1938 12 heures de Paris 14 Levegh Forfait 

07/05/1939 Coupe de Paris 49 Levegh

21/05/1939 GP d'Anvers 22 Levegh 4e 

04/06/1939 GP du Luxembourg 2 Levegh 3e 

17-18/6/1939 24 heures du Mans 9 Levegh/Le Begue Ab 

06/08/1939 GP du Comminges 24 Levegh 5e 

27/08/1939 GP de Liege Levegh annulée 

03/09/1939 GP de La Baule 18 Levegh annulée 

09/09/1945 Coupe des Prisonniers 6 Levegh Ab 

22/04/1946 GP de Nice 22 Levegh Ab 

30/05/1946 GP du Bois de Boulogne 8 Levegh 5e 

16/06/1946 GP de Belgique 55 Levegh 2e 

07/07/1946 GP de Bourgogne 12 Levegh Ab 

28/07/1946 GP de Nantes 8 Levegh 2e 

25/08/1946 Circuit des 3 villes du nord8 Levegh 2e 

06/10/1946 Coupe du Salon 12 Levegh 3e 

Nouvelle carrosserie réalisée chez LECANU à PARIS

18/05/1947 GP de Marseilles 38 Jose Scaron/Edmond Mouche 8e 

01/06/1947 GP de Nimes 47 Jose Scaron/Edmond Mouche 10e 

08/06/1947 Coupes de l'AGACI Edmond Mouche 2e 

06/07/1947 GP de la Marne 24 Jose Scaron/Edmond Mouche 5e 

13/07/1947 GP d'Albi 24 Edmond Mouche/José Scaron Ab 

03/08/1947 GP d'Alsace 28 Edmond Mouche 9e 

10/08/1947 GP du Comminges 32 Edmond Mouche 8e 

21/09/1947 GP de l'ACF 4 Gianfranco Comotti 6e 

12/10/1947 Circuito del Valentino 10 Gianfranco Comotti 4e 

29/03/1948 GP de Pau 28 Louis Rosier 4e 

16/05/1948 GP des Frontieres 28 Johnny Claes 3e 

30/05/1948 GP de Paris 6 Louis Rosier/Charles Huc 5e 

15/08/1948 GP di Pescara 6 Louis Rosier

19/09/1948 12 heures de Paris 7 Louis Rosier Ab 

19/09/1948 12 heures de Paris 7 Andre Morel Ab 

26/06/1949 24 heures du Mans 7 Louis Rosier Ab 

26/06/1949 24 heures du Mans 7 Jean Louis Rosier Ab 

07/08/1949 GP de l'ACF 22 Louis Rosier Ab 

07/08/1949 GP de l'ACF 22 Yves Giraud Cabantous Ab 

15/08/1949 GP di Pescara 4 Louis Rosier Ab 

09/10/1949 Coupes du Salon 25 Jean Estager 2 

26/03/1950 Coupes de l'ACIF 3 Jean Estager Ab 

30/07/1950 GP de Rouen 10 Jean Estager 8e 

Nouvelle carrosserie réalisée chez Paul GRIST

14/07/1984 VSCC-Silverstone 51 Bond

18-19/8/1984 AvD-Nürburgring 114 Cohen

18-19/8/1984 AvD-Nürburgring 25 Cohen  

24/08/1986 VSCC-Cadwell-Park Hannen

21/09/1986 VSCC-Donington Hannen

12/10/1986 Targa Florio historique 93 Hannen/Margulies  

21 au 24/5/1987 Mille Milles historiques 77 Hannen/Pattinson  

5 au 8/5/1988 Mille Milles historiques Pattinson/Hugi

29/05/1988 RAC-Norwich Union RAC run to Silverstone Pattinson/McCarty

25/06/1988 VSCC-Silverstone event 1 374 Pattinson

16-17/7/1988 VSCC-Silverstone Pattinson  

15/04/1989 VSCC-Silverstone, event 2 96 Pattinson

28 au 30/4/1989 Mille Milles historiques 86 Pattinson/Lamplough

11/06/1989 ACAV-Avignon Pattinson

24/06/1989 VSCC-Silverstone, event 1 178 Pattinson

8-9/7/1989 VSCC-Oulton Park 32 Pattinson  

17 au 19/5/1990 Mille Milles historiques 87 Pattinson/Saul

23-24/6/1990 ASAVE-Montlhéry Pattinson

28-29/7/1990 HGPCA-Silverstone Pattinson

11-12/8/1990 AvD-Nürburgring Pattinson

23/09/1990 ACRA-Angoulème 8 Sinkin  

20/04/1991 VSCC-Silverstone 144 V.Linsay

13 au 16/8/1992 AvD-Nürburgring-Course 3 120 Pattinson

juin-01 Berne Scharnost

août-02 AvD-Nürburgring Valentin von Dziembowski

sept-04 Le Mans classique 6 Valentin von Dziembowski 13/08/2006 AvD-Oldtimer GP-Nurburgring 7 43 Valentin von Dziembowski

sept-06 Le Mans classique 18 Dziembowski/Scharnost 

OWNERS OF TALBOT T150C 82930  

1936 Francisque CADOT 

1936 AUTOMOBILES TALBOT à Suresnes 

1937 Luigi CHINETTI 

1937 René LE BEGUE (imm.2717RL2) 

1938 Pierre "LEVEGH" (imm.2717RL2) 

1946 Edmond MOUCHE (11/1946) recarrossée chez LECANU et dotée de freins hydraulyques à l'usine 

1948 Louis ROSIER (imm.8212NH6 le 23/3/1948) 

1956 Ecurie Automobiles "Les Levriers" (imm.168FB75 le 23/3/1956) 

1967 Paul BIGNON (imm. 168FB75 le 24/8/1967) 

1967 Jacques BAILLON (le 17/10/1967) 

1979 Lucien METTE Senior (24 juin 1979 ; vente aux enchères des autos de Baillon) 

1979 Edouard BITTEL (juin 1979) 

1981 René MAURIES 

1982 Michel SEYDOUX 

1983 Charles HOWARD 

1983 Dan MARGULIES recarrossée en T150C par Paul GRIST pour le compte de Dan MARGULIES 

1984 David COHEN 

1984 Dan MARGULIES 

1985 Peter HANNEN 

1987 Jeffrey PATTINSON 

1993 Erich TRABBER 

1993 Jeffrey PATTINSON 

1993 Peter GROH en Allemagne (la met en vente par l'intermédiaire de Klaus Werner) 

2000 Erich TRABBER (vente de Monaco) 

2002 Von Dziembowsk

1936 Talbot Lago T150C 1936 Talbot Lago T150C 1936 Talbot Lago T150C

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 105 

Engine no. 3180 

  • An exceptional restoration by Lecoq 
  • Complete set of accessories, in impeccable condition 
  • Exhibited at the CIA of Pantin 

Hervé Ogliastro is a multi-faceted car enthusiast and the veterans are particularly close to his heart. After buying the chassis of this De Dion Bouton, he found a body and decided to completely rebuild the car in the workshops of André Lecoq. Several accessories were found, including the lighting elements (BRC acetylene headlights) and a 1914 mascot "The Policeman" signed by Leverier, and several missing pieces and panels were rebuilt. The restoration strictly respected the presentation and the techniques of the times. In its present condition, with its sober green colour, its nickel-plated accessories, its dashboard instruments marked De Dion, its elegant oil canister fixed on the awning and its four-cylinder twin-block, the car seems almost in original condition, without looking too "new", like total restorations sometimes do. Interesting detail: on the left step there is a wooden box with a driver's kit, including a water tank allowing to clean after a repair session on the side of the road. The invoices from Lecoq, attached to the file, make it possible to detail the work carried out in 1990 -1991, and which totaled more than 710,000 francs. The car was exhibited at CIA of Pantin next to Paris for a long time and has seen very little use these last years. 

It is a magnificent representative of one of the great brands that profoundly marked the beginnings of the automobile, tastefully restored. 

1908 De Dion Bouton Bi 15/18 HP double phaéton 1908 De Dion Bouton Bi 15/18 HP dou... 1908 De Dion Bouton Bi 15/18 HP double phaéton

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis 1187S 

  • Real barchetta designed by the Maserati brothers 
  • Interesting racing history 
  • High quality restoration 

O.S.C.A. a genuine Maserati ! 

In 1937, Maserati was on the brink of bankruptcy and the brothers sold their company to the Orsi family while staying on in the business. On 1 December 1947 they wanted to regain their independence, but, as they were legally not allowed to use the family name again, the new marque became known as O.S.C.A. (Officina Specializzata Construzione Automobili). O.S.C.A.s are widely recognised as genuine Maserati today. There is, however, still some confusion over the different models and engines. To clarify: apart from the 4.5-litres (3 engines built), the Formula Juniors (with 1100cc pushrod Fiat engine) and the 2-litre six-cylinders, there are three different O.S.C.A variants - the MT4, the Type S and the 1600 GT. 

The MT4 : The initials standing for Maserati Tipo, the MT4 was the first series to appear in 1948. The tubular chassis had independent front suspension with wishbones and the rear axle was rigid with semi cantilever. It had a 4-cylinder engine with a five bearing crankshaft, which was soon fitted with a twin overhead cam cylinder head. The engine was available as 1100cc or twin-ignition 1500cc. The MT4 is the best known O.S.C.A., having clocked up multiple class wins in the Mille Miglia and won at Sebring outright in 1954, raced by Stirling Moss. In September 1955, a 1500cc version achieved 12 world speed records including 261.38 km/h over 10k (this car is on display in the Mulhouse museum today). 

The Type S : the model in the sale. This model benefitted from an evolution of the MT4 chassis. It had the same front axle but the chassis was widened to lower the centre of gravity. The real innovation was the redesigned engine. It was still a twin overhead cam 4-cylinder unit but was lighter, more compact and very powerful. The engine was built in different sizes : 750 cc, 1100 cc (the S 273 in the sale), 1500 cc and 2000 cc. In the car on offer, chassis n°1187, the engine has a cast iron block and aluminium cylinder head with two twin-bodied Weber DC03 carburettors, and magnesium oil sump. The number 273 corresponds to the unit cylinder size of the four-cylinder 1100cc engine. Producing 95 bhp, this aluminium barchetta of 480 kg was capable of 200 km/h. 

There is another O.S.C.A Type S with a Tipo S 273 engine stamped n° 1137 that wears the identity of chassis 1187. We believe this to be a genuine O.S.C.A Type S chassis with the wrong identity. This barchetta was exhibited at Rétromobile in February 2001 and Pebble Beach in August 2008. 

The 1600 GT : This was the final series equipped with a completely different engine to the MT4 and Type S, resulting from an agreement with Fiat. The cars are principally FISSORE and ZAGATO berlinettas. This was essentially the same engine as used in the Fiat O.S.C.A 1600 S. Apart from certain distributors and Weber carburettors the 1600 GT engine shares none of the parts of the MT4 and Type S. 

The O.S.C.A chassis 1187 in the sale is an extremely rare car. Just six Type 273 1100cc engines were built. It was sold new with engine n° 1137 on 7 September 1957 to Gianni Manelli (born in Turin in 1914), who lived at 15 Via Castelmarrone in Milan. His first event in the car was in France, in the Faucille hillclimb on September 1957, where he finished 4th in class. The following year he won 2nd in class in the Mont Ventoux hillclimb. Manelli also took to the track in 1958, winning his class in Monza in December of that year. In 1960, an old hand at Mont Ventoux, he won the class. In September 1961 the barchetta finished 4th in class in what became the car's home circuit of Vallelunga. On 27 March 1962 the car sold to Auto Corsa Italia in Vallelunga, and was raced by Carlo Alberto Del Bue. In 1964, the OSCA engine was replaced with an Alfa Romeo Giulietta engine and gearbox prepared by De Sanctis. At that time it was part of the fleet used by the driving school at Vallelunga. The car was subsequently acquired by Leandro Terra of Francavilla al Mare, who kept the car for over 30 years. In 2003, chassis 1187 and its body were discovered by Emillio Comelli, missing its OSCA engine and gearbox. Hervé Ogliastro then bought the car through Christophe Pund (Galerie des Damiers) and had a correct engine fitted, Tipo S 273 n°1140, along with a ZF gearbox conforming to the Type S. Ogliastro completely restored the barchetta, with the expert help of Francis Courteix. 

Christophe Pund 

1957 O.S.C.A Tipo S 273 1957 O.S.C.A Tipo S 273 1957 O.S.C.A Tipo S 273

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n° IA3*0309 

  • High quality restoration 
  • In the same ownership for 27 years 
  • High performance 
  • Used carefully 

This Bizzarrini GT Strada was bought by Hervé Ogliastro in April 1990 at an auction held by Maître Poulain. Prior to this, according to the Bizzarrini specialist and historian Koobs de Hartog, the car was owned by a string of collectors including Max Balchowski, an American from Wisconsin, Oliver Kuttner and a well-known German collector. The latter had the car up for sale with Motor-Gallery Aachen, before selling it at auction. It appears that another example has the same chassis number. It is very possible that the car belonging to H. Ogliastro was in Oliver Kuttner's workshop at the same time as another one, which had no documentation. Kuttner probably used the chassis number and documents belonging to n°309 for both car. 

After buying the Bizzarrini, Hervé Ogliastro registered it 5300 WZ, a particularly appropriate registration! At that time, the odometer showed just 12 800 miles, but the car required full restoration. And so, advised by J. Lavost, President of the Bizzarrini France club, Hervé Ogliastro sent it to Diomante in Italy. During the 1960s Salvatore Diomante was in charge of the Bizzarrini factory. After the full restauration, the car was sent in 1993 to the restoration workshop of André Lecoq for the finishing touches. Four years later, in 1997, this Bizzarrini was shown at the Bagatelle concours d'élégance. It has only been driven sparingly, as shown by the odometer, which reads14 220 miles today. 

As the name suggests, the Bizzarrini 5300 GT is the work of Giotto Bizzarrini, one of the creators of the Ferrari 250 GTO. It was a distillation of his technical ideology, and positioning the engine towards the back gave the car a better centre of gravity and improved roadholding. Bizzarrini didn't bother with a complicated Italian engine, but went to look for one at Chevrolet. With versions ranging from 365 to 400 bhp, the Corvette's V8 enabled the car, known at the start as the Iso A3/C, to be the fastest GT of its day, even quicker than the Ferrari 275 GTB. The body, initially built in aluminium by Drogo, was later produced by BBM, with a few examples in fibreglass. In total, production was limited to some 130 cars. 

In superb condition following a meticulous restoration, this car has the extra attraction of being a rare aluminium-bodied Strada that, unusually, was not transformed for competition. Here is an interesting opportunity to buy a high performance GT car that is rare and appreciated by connoisseurs. 

Please note there is a mistake in the main catalogue and that as it is correctly indicated in the small catalogue and in the Hervé and Martine Ogliastro Collection's catalogue, this Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada is chassis number IA3*0309 and is estimated € 600,000 to € 900,000. 

Please note that we advise potential buyers to consult Mr Koobs de Hartog's report available in the car's file.

1968 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada 1968 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada 1968 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 253480 

Engine No. 0065004497 

  • Very nice restoration 
  • Prepared for classic car rallies 
  • No reserve 

The current owner acquired this 2CV in 2007 on the recommendation of Antoine Demetz, the author of the book "La 2CV de mon pere" and editor of two magazines on this subject. This car was prepared to take part in various regional rallies at that time, as confirmed orally by Jean Malard, founder of the first 2CV club in the world. The car is distinguished by Equilux headlamps, Cibié fog lamps, and reinforced rims of the utility version, while the passenger compartment includes a handle for the passenger, a map reader and a mechanical washer. A Speed tubing with a 32 carburetor improves performance, and a protective skid plate under the engine has been added. 

The high quality restoration included: replacement of the floorpan, complete dismantling and paint of the body, check of the mechanicals, replacement of the wiring harness, refurbishment of the interior. The owner told us that white circles for the race numbers were found when the doors were being sanded. Since the restoration, the car has covered just 69 km, the tyres are new, as is the hood. This 2CV has been subject to a very comprehensive restoration and is a wonderful witness of a time and period when "competing" didn't cost much. 

1956 Citroën 2CV AZ " Rallye " 1956 Citroën 2CV AZ " Rallye ... 1956 Citroën 2CV AZ " Rallye "

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 49396913 

  • A part of Citroën's rallying history 
  • In good condition, ready to take part in historical rallies 
  • One of the (very) rare shortened DS 
  • No reserve 

The handling qualities particular to the hydropneumatic suspension system made the DS a formidable rally weapon. 

Inspired by the prototype used by Bob Neyret, winner of the Rallye du Maroc, Marcel Lavalle built his own "DS Courte" in 1969, with the chassis shortened by 52cm. Driven by Lavalle, with J.P. Chastin as co-driver, the car took part in numerous events in 1969 and 1970, in France in the rallies Mistral, Antibes, Pétrole-Provence, Vaucluse, Criterium du Cevennes, and internationally the Tour Auto in Portugal. 

The car then spent many years in the garage of a collector next to Avignon before being bought by Roger Reynier. Reynier decided to carry out work on the body and the car was painted French racing blue. He also wanted the engine to be overhauled and gave it to Philippe Chauvet, in charge of the car's preparation, with the development work carried out by Marc Fanciullo, resulting in a max power of 119.4bhp on the dyno. This overhaul was carried alongside other improvements, notably to the dashboard. 

In its current configuration, this DS prototype has successfully participated in many regularity rallies and sporting events, and today its owner would very much welcome another enthusiast to take on the baton. Maybe that could be you? 

1969 Citroën DS 21 Rallye Coupé"raccourci" 1969 Citroën DS 21 Rallye Coupé&q... 1969 Citroën DS 21 Rallye Coupé"raccourci&q...

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 1120880 

  • Extremely neat restoration 
  • "Small rear windscreen" and Luxe Export model 
  • Rare wooden steering wheel 
  • No reserve 

Sold new in Switzerland, in Lausanne, this Peugeot 203 is a rare Luxe Export version. Moreover, it is one of the oldest examples of this famous French sedan, since it left the factor on the production's first year, and it still has the "small rear windscreen" which is particularly sought after by collectors today. 

Purchased in 2012 by the previous owner, a French collector of Peugeots, it was then a car wreck. It thus needed a comprehensive and elaborate restoration, which was done, leaving nothing to chance. The underbody has been replaced and all the mechanicals have been redone, including suspensions, brakes and electricals. Inside, the upholstery has been completely redone in a light beige leather and the car is equipped with a very rare wooden steering wheel, an original Peugeot accessory of the period. A restoration folder contains almost a hundred photographs which show the magnitude of the work carried out. 

Today, this car is in an impeccable condition, in its beautiful light beige color and its welcoming interior. An interesting and well-documented this car has covered only 200 km since its restoration, and is ready to take its future owner for a peaceful drive under the sun thanks to its lovely sunroof. 

1949 Peugeot 203 Luxe Export berline No reserve 1949 Peugeot 203 Luxe Export berlin... 1949 Peugeot 203 Luxe Export berline No reserve

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n° 4.200.344 

Chapron number 7473 

  • No expense spared restoration 
  • Exhibited at the 1962 Geneva Motor Show 
  • One of just 37 or 38 examples built 

This car was delivered new from the Henri Chapron workshops on 13 April 1962 to a M.Tronchère who lived near Paris. It was built on the base of a DS cabriolet supplied by the very same workshops on 6 February that year. It took just one month to build, as a Chapron document states: " delivery promised for the Geneva Motor Show on 13 March 1962 ". The car was exhibited on the Chapron stand along side a range of other models that included a Le Dandy coupé. The final sale price for the DS was set at 30 334,85 francs. This was very expensive as a standard DS saloon cost 12 920 francs, and you could buy a Porsche 356 Super 90 for 28 000 francs. However, this DS had a special and very elegant body, with a particularly airy roof compartment, and was built with VIP clients in mind. 

The Concorde coupé on offer has been saved thanks to the endeavours of its current owner, a German collector, Citroën dealer and huge DS enthusiast. He threw himself into a major restoration project, as the bodywork was badly corroded. Photos documenting this process reflect the scale of the work required, which including cutting out corroded areas and rebuilding several panels. The interior was completely restored and upholstery refurbished. The car received the same level of care for the mechanical. Presented today in metallic gold with grey roof, it is presented in superb condition, displaying all the special features of its handcrafted coachwork: chrome strips on the bonnet and sides, special headlight bezels, chromed wire wheels, bezels at the bottom of the body, the inscription " DS19 " in spaced lettering on the boot, and a special " Henri Chapron " plaque. 

Chapron versions were exclusive for both their price and the limited production. It is believed that just 37 or 38 examples of the Concorde coupé were built between 1960 and 1965. This elegant car, presented in superb condition, is therefore extremely rare. 

Please note that following an administrative error, the chassis number on the title is 420344 instead of 4200344.

1962 Citroën DS Concorde par Chapron 1962 Citroën DS Concorde par Chapr... 1962 Citroën DS Concorde par Chapron

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n° 57330 

Engine n° 548 

  • 1st Atalante to be presented at the 1935 Paris Motor Show 
  • One of just eight Atalante made originally with fold-down roof, the only example to have survived with its original chassis 
  • A Bugatti masterpiece 
  • In top mechanical condition 

Assembled at the factory during September 1935 (along with nine other Type 57 chassis), Bugatti chassis 57330 was fitted with engine number 232. The coachwork was completed on 4 October 1935 and the following day the car was transported by truck from Molsheim to the Grand Palais to be exhibited on the Bugatti stand at the Paris Motor Show. On 6 October the same truck collected from the factory a 57S chassis, the Aérolithe coupé that was the star of the show. The original colours do not appear in the coachwork register, information not recorded until the following year. However, a note from the factory dated 10 November 1935 states: " Atalante 57330/232 brown and cream, interior pigskin, new 36 factory - 57 040 French francs in stock avenue Montaigne". This tells us that this was the 1936 model, and the car shown at the Motor Show in October 1935. 

The Atalante coupés on Type 57 chassis 

The new model was presented in the Spring of 1935, not at a motor show. The Atalante built on the Type 57 long chassis was designed by Joseph Walter, a talented employee from the factory design team. The car corresponds to design number 1070 dated 20 January 1935. The first and only official photos before the 1935 Salon catalogue appeared in the June 1935 edition of the magazine Omnia, in an article by A. Caputo. The photos show a 2-seater coupé with a roll-top roof, in two tone, likely to be black and ivory. This was the first car to be built, delivered on 12 April 1935 (chassis 57313/ engine 179). Ten Atalante coupés were produced between April and October 1935, at least seven featuring a roll-top roof. In 1936, a further eight cars were built, four of these with roll-top roof, the last to benefit from this option. For 1937, when just six Atalantes were built, the opening roof was abandoned and the bodies were made of aluminium. The factory price for the "Coupé Atalante 2/3 seats with roll-top roof " was 90 000 francs in October 1935, then 87 000 francs in October 1936 and, a year later, the new coupé version cost 108 000 francs. 

The model was described thus: "Coupé Atalante, 2/3 seats, 2 doors - Independent metal seats with removable upholstery - Trim : fine leather - streamlined enveloping wings - large boot and tool compartment in the rear tip - sun visor, double windscreen wipers - rear view mirror - front bumper. " 

The coupé was not on offer at the Motor Show in October 1938 and was subsequently abandoned, although ten more examples were built through to Christmas 1938. Between April 1935 and December 1938 around 33 Atalante coupés on Type 57 and 57C chassis were produced 

The car on offer, chassis 57330, was the last Atalante to be built in 1935. It was also the first Atalante to be exhibited at a Motor Show and was sold after the Show to one of the factory's regular clients. A little later, the car passed into the hands of Albert-Hippolyte-Marie Marestaing (1911-1985), who came from an important family involved in the steel industry in the East of France. In July 1932, at just 21 years old he had been able to buy a new Type 43. Plenty of other Bugatti followed before the Atalante, including the only Type 57 roadster to be bodied by Antem, chassis 57200. It was the sale of this car, bought back by the factory for 40 000 francs, plus an extra sum of 50 000 francs, that enabled him to buy the chassis 57330 on 21 December 1935. The car was registered new with the Parisian number 3304 RK. Probably registered at his Parisian address in Rue de Raynouard, the Bugatti is likely to stay in the summer at the Château de Mauran, the family home in South of France. 

An automobile enthusiast, Marestaing was close to Bugatti and the famous driver Jean-Pierre Wimille in particular. He kept the car until 24 November 1936, when it was sold to another unknown Parisian owner. One year later, the Bugatti was acquired by its third owner, Henri Berlaimont, a brewer from the North of France. He had settled in the Saint-Quentin region in 1920, and subsequently took over the two biggest breweries in the town, "Pomme Rouge" and "Deux Cigognes". Passionate about fine automobiles, he became an assiduous client of Bugatti from 1925, owning more than ten different models before the war, including a Type 30, a Type 43 and several Type 50s. Then, on 31 January 1938 be became the owner of the Atalante 57330. His very last Bugatti, bought in 1952, was one of two Gangloff coupés built on a Type 57S chassis. Chassis 57330 was registered in the North of France with the number 1197 AF 5, at Berlaimont's address, 7 rue Jean Jaurès in Saint-Quentin, although it was maintained and stored at the brewery garages. In order to acquire his new pur-sang, the businessman sold the Type 50 that he had owned for four years. 

The Atalante was requisitioned by the German authorities during the war, as noted on the back of the only photograph found in the Berlaimont family archives. Beautiful Bugatti always attracted the attention of the Wehrmacht officers, although these cars were often abandoned after a few months in favour of a new requisition. The Atalante moved in the south area of France and was found abandoned in the Bordeaux area at the end of the war. 

The post-war years 

After the war, the car was sold by the state, and homologated by the authorities on 10 August 1948 before being re-registered by a garage. The new owner responsible for putting the car back on the road was André Baillac, who ran a garage at 31 Rue Tastet in Bordeaux, an Austin dealership for the region that remained operational until 1977. A shrewd enthusiast, Baillac rescued a rare Bugatti Type 35B at the same time. The Atalante 57330 was registered 3701 GC 4 on 12 August 1948. It is possible that Baillac discovered the car without papers and not running at the end of the war. A month after he registered the car, it was sold to Bugatti enthusiast, Jean-Fernand-Maris Piet-Lataudrie (1899-1979). A ship-owner, from an old family from the West of France, he shared his time between the family home in Sainte-Neomaye and his residence in Boulogne-sur-Mer, and the US where he supervised the construction of his boats. At the time, he already owned a Bugatti, but the Atalante he acquired in 1948 would become his favourite. The car was maintained by the former chief mechanic of the Bugatti garage in Niort, Paul Thomas. Jean Piet-Lataudrie remained the owner of the car after it was re-registered in the new system in 1950, with the number 440 BJ 79. He died in 1979 in Boulogne-sur-Mer. It was in 1959 however, that the car left the Niort countryside to head to the capital. On 9 March 1959 it was registered with the number 3844 HT 75 in the name of Eligio-Bruno Bonardi, of 153 Boulevard Saint-Germain, Paris. Bonardi, a 34-year old Italian from Palma, who enjoyed a very active nightlife, according to the previous owner, neglected his Bugatti a little, caring only about being seen and heard in the car. 

Three years later and a little bruised by its life in the city, the Atalante was sold to the knowledgable and early collector, Robert Cornière (1909-2002). An enlightened enthusiast with a passion for Bugatti and Voisin, he stored numerous models of his two favourite marques during the 1960s at his country residence. The Atalante sat next to every model of Bugatti, in what became one of the biggest marque collections before investors arrived on the scene. 

It was April 1962 when Robert Cornière bought the ex-1935 Paris Motor Show Atalante. The hot-headed Italian's careless use had ensured that the engine was unusable. The car was put back on the road and maintained by Henri Hauswald, from Levallois. A former mechanic for the Bugatti repair workshop in Paris, he was extremely familiar with this model. It was repainted in the original cream and brown, although these colours were reversed. Hauswald had tucked away in his garage a new factory engine, no. 548, that was part of the stock from Molsheim hidden in Bordeaux in 1941 and later taken to Paris. This engine, a gearbox and axle, were fitted to chassis 57330, and the original engine, numbered 232, was kept by Robert Cornière for spares, before being sold to René Giordano in 1977. The Atalante was driven by its owner for ten years before being bought by the Parisian collector Michel Seydoux in March 1975. On 7 May 1986 Hervé Ogliastro, President of the Club Bugatti France, acquired the car at an auction in the Château de Fontainebleau. Extremely satisfied with the quality of the restoration of his Ferrari Daytona by André Lecoq, he entrusted the workshop Lecoq with the Atalante for a complete restoration, maintaining the original color scheme, still reversed. He used it for many events organised by the club at Montlhéry, and at international meets. The car won its class at the first concours d'élégance of Bagatelle. The engine has recently been completely rebuilt. The pistons, valves and camshaft have all been refurbished by the well known mechanic of the collection, Francis Courteix. The clutch has been replaced. Since this work was carried out the car has covered less than 5 000 km, driven at all times by experts. 

The first Atalante to be shown at the Paris Motor Show in 1935, chassis 57330 returns to the capital for Retromobile 2017. In 1935, Bugatti's coachbuilding workshop produced eight coupés with fold-down roofs on Type 57 chassis. The car presented here, 57330, is the only one to have survived on its original chassis. 

The first car officially named Atalante for its launch at the Grand Palais on 5 October 1935, it is the only 1935 roll-top example in the series not to have been destroyed or dismantled. Here is a unique opportunity to acquire an exceptional and emblematic model from the era of Jean Bugatti, who was in charge of the factory in 1935 and used a similar model to promote the marque in 1936. 

Pierre-Yves Laugier 

Please note that it's one of just eight Atalante made originally with fold-down roof, the only 1935 example to have survived with its original chassis. 

1935 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante découvrable 1935 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante déco... 1935 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante découvrable

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 4294071 

  • Only three owners since new 
  • A touching barn find 
  • A beautiful restoration project 
  • No reserve 

This DS19 cabriolet that we are offering is a very touching barn find. It is one of the last "factory" convertibles from its series, and was first registered on April 30, 1965. Importantly, the history of this car is very clear, as it has had only three owners to date and has been in the same hands from 1968 to 2016. It was delivered new in 1965, bought by a company from North of France, before moving to Normandy in 1968. The history of this car is special because following an impact in the rear in the 1970s, it was kept aside, with the plans to be restored, which never happened. It then remained garaged in Normandy, and thus remained so for many years without being driven, degrading over a period of time. Its odometer displays a little less than 80,000 km, which would very likely correspond to its original mileage. This rare "barn find" cabriolet, which has to be completely restored, represents a beautiful restoration project. It is in a livery that associates a grey exterior color with red leather upholstery. Our DS is equipped with the hydraulic box and might have its original engine. DS cabriolets are very sought after by collectors and their current market value allows a high quality restoration. For true fans of the brand, such an interesting car cannot be ignored. 

1965 Citroën DS 19 cabriolet Sans reserve 1965 Citroën DS 19 cabriolet Sans ... 1965 Citroën DS 19 cabriolet Sans reserve

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 00ML6642 

  • Rare and prestigious C-Matic 
  • Delivered new in Lyon, 3 owners from new 
  • Elegant combination of colors 
  • Last service at SM2A at the cost of € 7500 
  • No reserve 

Citroën has always had a tradition of developing luxurious versions of its top-end models, and the CX Prestige is one of them. At the French Presidency's request, the manufacturer began offering from February 1976 an extended version of its top-end sedan of the time: the CX Prestige. With an extra 25 cm between the two axles, it offered a much more spacious interior and a rare level of comfort. To power this elegant automobile, the manufacturer initially equipped it with a 2.2L engine, and then later the high-performance 2.4L, as well providing it with equipment that was worthy of its status, with better insulation, air-conditioning, electric windows, courtesy lamps, a stereo, etc. In 1979, the Prestige received central locking, as can be seen on the model that we are offering. It is a very luxurious model that allows one to travel in high levels of comfort. 

The CX 2.4L that we are offering is one of the rare Prestige models equipped with a semi-automatic gearbox. Around 2,000 of these were made, the majority of which have disappeared. As the car's service booklet indicates, the one we are offering was delivered new by the Citroën dealership in Lyon, Garage Metropole, to its first owner, René Garcin, the owner of silk factory, on May 14, 1982. The car was registered 15 days later. Incidentally, Mr. Garcin, known to be a good friend of Raymond Barre, the mayor of Lyon, received in 1957, a distinction medal for his actions in the French Resistance during World War II. A copy of the certificate of his medal is also present in the file, as well as an interesting narrative over several pages of his French Resistance actions, signed by the French High Commissioner. 

All the services were carried out very regularly by the Citroën dealership in Lyon, the service book being regularly stamped tuntil1989. It then had 44,798 km since new. In 2007, the car changed hands and went to the other end of France, to be acquired by an enthusiast in the South of France, who also carried out regular servicing of the car. In 2014, it was acquired by the current owner who had been looking for a Prestige for years, impressed by the parade of the new President Jacques Chirac traversing Paris, the night of his election in 1995, in the famous CX registered 19 FLX 75. The car has only 60,000 km since new, its original leather interior in Havana color is in an astounding state, as it does not seem to have suffered the wear and tear of time. A comprehensive service has just recently been carried out by the excellent specialist SM2A, Jean-Michel Gallet, costing € 7500 in order for this superb Prestige to work perfectly well. 

Beautiful CX Prestige survivors are very rare, and this one is special since it is the version C-Matic, which is very pleasant and comfortable to use on a daily basis. Moreover, its color combination makes this flagship luxury Citroën a car not to be missed.

1979 Citroën CX 2400 Prestige C-Matic 1979 Citroën CX 2400 Prestige C-Ma... 1979 Citroën CX 2400 Prestige C-Matic

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 329 

No reserve 

Titre de circulation croate 

Châssis n° 329766 

- Belle restauration 

- Modèle recherché 

- Technique originale 

- Sans réserve 

Livré neuf en Allemagne, ce tracteur Porsche a été exporté en 1984 en Yougoslavie avant de rejoindre la Croatie. Complètement restauré, il se présente en très bel état. Il est équipé d'un trois-cylindres diesel quatre-temps qui présentait l'originalité d'un refroidissement par air, système qu'affectionnait Porsche et qui facilitait l'entretien. L'alimentation était assurée par un système d'injection Bosch. D'une cylindrée de 2 625 cm3, avec un taux de compression 19 : 1, ce moteur développait 35 ch à 2 300 tr/mn, pour un poids total du tracteur de 1 585 kg, ce qui lui permettait d'atteindre 34 km/h. La transmission était assurée par un double embrayage Fichtel & Sachs relié à une boîte de vitesses Deutz T25 comportant huit rapports avant et deux arrière. Il pouvait être équipé de tous les équipements permettant le travail de la terre. 

Produit de 1961 à 1963, ce tracteur au nom prestigieux présentait une technique moderne et une belle finition qui allaient lui permettre de rencontrer un succès important, avec une production qui s'est établie à 3 600 exemplaires. Aujourd'hui très apprécié des amateurs de tracteurs et matériel agricole, il représente un classique au même titre que les tracteurs Vierzon ou Lanz Bulldog. 

Croatian title 

Chassis n ° 329766 

- Nice restoration 

- Sought after model 

- Technically interesting 

- No reserve 

Delivered new in Germany, this Porsche tractor was exported in 1984 to Yugoslavia before landing up in Croatia. Completely restored, it is in a beautiful condition. It is powered by a three-cylinder four-stroke diesel engine that featured a technical distinction in being air-cooled, facilitating maintenance. Power was supplied by a Bosch injection system. With a cylinder capacity of 2625cc, and with a compression ratio of 19:1, the engine developed 35bhp at 2300rpm for a total weight of 1,585 kg, which allowed it to reach 34 km/h. The transmission was through a Fichtel & Sachs double clutch connected to a Deutz T25 gearbox with eight forward and two reverse gears. It could be equipped with all the necessary equipment for farming. 

Produced from 1961 to 1963 with production totaling 3,600 units, this tractor with a prestigious brand name featured modern technology and had a beautiful finish that made it a great success. Very popular today with enthusiasts of tractors and agricultural equipment, it represents a classic in the same way as tractors by Vierzon or Lanz Bulldog. 

Photos: Copyright Hannes Friesenegger

1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 329 1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 32... 1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 329

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1986 BMW M5 

No reserve 

Carte grise française 

Châssis n° WBSDC910101018280 

- Belle histoire - Ex-Didier Pironi 

- Trois propriétaires seulement 

- Toujours restée en France 

- Sans réserve 

Cette BMW M5 a connu un destin exceptionnel puisqu'elle a été livrée neuve par l'usine au célèbre vice-champion du Monde de Formule 1 Didier Pironi. Pironi a couru sur Tyrell, Ligier et sur Ferrari en 81 et 82. Il a remporté plusieurs Grands Prix ainsi que les 24 Heures du Mans avec la Renault Alpine A442B en 1978. Après quelques mois, Didier Pironi s'en sépare au profit de son ami Gérard Toulemonde, qui l'immatriculait 8397 NZ 92 le 29 mai 1986. Elle passe ensuite entre les mains de l'actuel propriétaire, qui est donc le troisième. La voiture est en état d'origine et le compteur affiche 124 000 km. Régulièrement entretenue, elle fonctionne correctement. Elle est bien préservée sur le plan cosmétique. La carrosserie est correcte, de même que la sellerie entièrement recouverte de cuir bleu. Dans l'ensemble de factures jointes au dossier, on note en 1993 des travaux de remise en état au garage Vaillant (Franconville) pour un total de 60 045 francs. En 2010, la voiture a bénéficié aussi de plusieurs travaux, comme le nettoyage de conduites d'alimentation, le remplacement du réservoir de carburant, des silentblocs moteur, de la courroie d'alternateur, de l'échappement et des pneumatiques. En 2013, le récepteur d'embrayage a été remplacé, de même que les tirants de suspension en septembre 2016, opération suivie de la remise en état de la suspension arrière (silentblocs et barre stabilisatrice). 

Bien préservée, cette voiture, qui a connu une appartenance prestigieuse, est une bonne représentante d'une BMW sportive très appréciée des amateurs par ses performances brillantes. 

French title 

Chassis n°WBSDC910101018280 

- Beautiful history - Ex-Didier Pironi 

- Three owners from new 

- Spent all its life in France 

- No reserve 

This BMW M5 has had an exceptional destiny, since it was delivered new by the factory to the famous Formula 1 world vice-champion, Didier Pironi. Driving for Tyrell, Ligier and Ferrari in '81 and '82, he won several Grands Prix and the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the Renault Alpine A442B in 1978. After a few months, Didier Pironi sold the car to his friend Gérard Toulemonde, who registered it as 8397 NZ 92 on 29 May 1986. It then passed into the hands of the third and current owner. In original condition, the odometer shows 124,000 km. Maintained regularly, the car drives well. It is also well preserved on the cosmetic level. The bodywork is correct, as is the upholstery, which is entirely covered in blue leather. The car was refurbished by the garage Vaillant in1993 for a total of 60,045 francs. All invoices are in a folder. In 2010, the car benefited from several works, such as the cleaning of the manifolds, replacement of the fuel tank, the silent blocks of the engine, the alternator belt, the exhaust and the tires. In 2013, the clutch was replaced, as were the suspension tie rods in September 2016, followed by the overhaul of the rear suspension (silent blocks and stabilizer bar). 

Well preserved, this car which has enjoyed a prestigious connection, is a good representative of a sporty BMW very much appreciated by enthusiasts for its scintillating performance capabilities.

1986 BMW M5 1986 BMW M5 1986 BMW M5

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars