Results: 231

French title 

Chassis n° 1389 

Engine n° 4831 

  • Three owners since new 
  • In an exceptional state of origin 
  • Eligible for the London-Brighton run 

For a car of its age, this De Dion Bouton has had a very small number of owners: three, in all! Indeed, Hervé Ogliastro, attracted by the state of preservation of this car, acquired it in 2009 during the sale of the estate of its second owner, Mr. Boutet, a well-known French collector. He had bought it in the 1960s from its first owner, a French doctor. This continuous history explains its exceptional condition of origin. The body is original; the wings (probably redone) are in wood and the enclosed rear seat corresponds to the Luxe version of the model. The comprehensive equipment of the car includes a traveling trunk, a leather cowling around the mechanicals, a tail lamp, two lanterns, a horn, a hood, a windscreen and a half roof over the driver. The two front seats are removable to transform this vis-à-vis to two seats facing the road. The single-cylinder engine is equipped with a De Dion carburetor and an electric ignition with a modern coil, but the original De Dion-Bouton coil is still in place. The water pump has fins and not gears, the wheel hubs are smooth with grease nipples and the intake valve measures 38mm, which shows that this model belongs to the second series of Type G. 

In good working order, this car has the dating certificate number 196 issued on 3 December 1963 by the Veteran Car Club of Belgium, and as can be seen in the accompanying file, it took part - between 1966 and 1967 - in several rallies in France and Europe. 

It is certainly one of the best-preserved and best known De Dion vis-à-vis among those which have survived to the present day. 

1901 De Dion Bouton Type G vis-à-vis 1901 De Dion Bouton Type G vis-à-v... 1901 De Dion Bouton Type G vis-à-vis

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

2006 Ferrari 575 Superamerica F1 

Titre de circulation allemand 

Châssis n° ZFFGT61B000141819 

- Troisième main 

- Carnets, trousse à outils 

- Parfait accord de l'élégance et de la performance 

- Série limitée à 559 exemplaires 

- Moins de 6 500 km d'origine 

- Provenant d'une importante collection de la Côte d'Azur 

En 1996, était apparue la Ferrari 550 Maranello, très bien accueillie par les puristes puisqu'elle marquait le retour de Ferrari à l'un de ses fondamentaux : une puissante GT à deux places dont le moteur se trouve en position avant. En 2000, Ferrari en avait extrapolé la 550 Barchetta, spider sans concessions édité en série limitée. 

La 550 a cédé sa place en 2002 à la 575M Maranello qui est sa descendante directe. Bien que l'architecture générale soit semblable, cette dernière profite de nombreuses améliorations. Le moteur V12 de 5,7 litre de cylindrée développe la puissance de 515 ch, les freins sont plus importants, la suspension est adaptative et un nouvel intérieur prend place. Pour la première fois sur une Ferrari à moteur V12, les modèles recevant l'option " F1 " sont équipés d'une boîte de vitesses Magneti Marelli séquentielle semi-automatisée. 

Inspirés par le succès de la 550 Barchetta, les ingénieurs de Ferrari vont de nouveau développer une version découvrable de la 575M Maranello : ce sera la 575 Superamerica, dont l'appellation est un clin d'œil à des modèles Ferrari très exclusifs des années 50 et 60. Sur le plan mécanique la 575 Superamerica reprend l'essentiel des solutions retenues sur la 575M Maranello, mais la puissance moteur est poussée à 540 ch, dans une version identique à celle qui équipe la 612 Scaglietti. La vitesse de pointe s'en ressent et passe à 320 km/h. 

Ses concepteurs ne souhaitant pas qu'elle soit jusqu'au-boutiste comme pouvait l'être la Barchetta, les ingénieurs, jamais opposés aux d'idées nouvelles, vont présenter un toit amovible révolutionnaire. Il s'agit d'un panneau en fibre de carbone et en verre qui pivote et vient ensuite se poser sur le coffre, ce qui n'ampute donc pas le volume de ce dernier, contrairement aux coupés-cabriolets. De plus, le verre " électrochrome " qui le compose permet au conducteur, lorsque le toit est fermé, de régler le degré de luminosité comme il le souhaite, de la grande clarté jusqu'à l'opacité totale. A l'instar de sa devancière, la 575 Superamerica est diffusée en série limitée : 559 exemplaires seulement verront le jour pendant les deux années de production. 

La voiture proposée est une 575 Superamerica F1, donc dotée de la boîte séquentielle. C'est la 19éme construite et il s'agit d'une troisième main n'affichant que 6 500 km d'origine. Elle est de couleur rouge, avec un intérieur en cuir noir. Elle a été achetée neuve chez Radicci, concessionnaire Ferrari à Bari, en Italie, et se trouve aujourd'hui dans une importante collection située dans le sud de la France. 

Le mécanicien personnel du propriétaire, qui a travaillé chez un concessionnaire Ferrari, a veillé à ce que le fonctionnement de l'auto soit sans reproche, et des factures d'entretien en 2015 et janvier 2017 sont présentes dans le dossier. Elle sera vendue avec l'ensemble de ces carnets d'entretien et de service. 

Etant incontestablement une des Ferrari récentes les plus exclusives, cette 575 Superamerica dotée d'une boîte F1 qui affiche moins de 6 500 km au compteur constitue à n'en pas douter une rare opportunité d'acquérir une Grand Tourisme intemporelle. 

German title 

Chassis n° ZFFGT61B000141819 

- Just three owners 

- Manuals, toolkit 

- Perfect mix of elegance and performance 

- Limited series of 559 examples 

- Less than 6 500 km from new 

- Coming from an important collection from the French Riviera 

The Ferrari 550 Maranello made its appearance in 1996. For purists, this was a welcome return to one of Ferrari's fundamental formats: a powerful front-engined two-seater GT car. A limited edition of the totally uncompromising 550 Barchetta followed in 2000. The 550 was replaced in 2002 by the 575M Maranello. This was essentially an updated version of the 550, but with various improvements and a new interior. The 5.7-litre V12 engine produced 515 bhp, it had bigger brakes and an adaptive suspension set-up. For the first time on a V12 Ferrari, the " F1 " option included a semi-automatic Magneti Marelli sequential gearbox. 

Inspired by the success of the 550 Barchetta, Ferrari produced a convertible version of the 575M Maranello. This was called the 575 Superamerica, the name a nod to the exclusive Ferrari models of the 1950s and 1960s. Mechanically, the 575 Superamerica was similar to the 575M Maranello, and, with a bit more power at 540 bhp, the engine was the same as that used in the 612 Scaglietti. The top speed increased to over 320 km/h. 

The designers, not short on ideas and wanting to make this car less extreme than the Barchetta, came up with a revolutionary retractable roof. This consisted of a glass and carbon fibre panel that rotated to lie flat over the boot, not restricting the size of the boot as in the coupés-cabriolets. When shut, the electrochromic glass allowed the driver to adjust the amount of light coming through, from total opacity to clear. As with its predecessor, the 575 Superamerica was produced as a limited edition. Just 559 examples were built during two years of production. 

The car on offer is a 575 Superamerica F1, and therefore has the sequential gearbox. It is the 19th example produced and a three-owner car that has covered just 6 500 km from new. The car is red, with black leather interior. It was bought new through Radicci, the Ferrari dealer in Bari, Italy, and comes to the sale from a large collection in the South of France. 

The owner's mechanic, who used to work for a Ferrari dealership, has ensured that the car runs perfectly, and we have also invoices for services in 2015 and January 2017. It will be sold with a full set of service books and owner's manuals. 

Undoubtedly one of the most exclusive recent Ferrari models, this 575 Superamerica with F1 sequential gearbox, and less than 6 500 km on the clock, offers a rare chance to buy a timeless GT car.

2006 Ferrari 575 Superamerica F1 2006 Ferrari 575 Superamerica F1 2006 Ferrari 575 Superamerica F1

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n° 4.200.344 

Chapron number 7473 

  • No expense spared restoration 
  • Exhibited at the 1962 Geneva Motor Show 
  • One of just 37 or 38 examples built 

This car was delivered new from the Henri Chapron workshops on 13 April 1962 to a M.Tronchère who lived near Paris. It was built on the base of a DS cabriolet supplied by the very same workshops on 6 February that year. It took just one month to build, as a Chapron document states: " delivery promised for the Geneva Motor Show on 13 March 1962 ". The car was exhibited on the Chapron stand along side a range of other models that included a Le Dandy coupé. The final sale price for the DS was set at 30 334,85 francs. This was very expensive as a standard DS saloon cost 12 920 francs, and you could buy a Porsche 356 Super 90 for 28 000 francs. However, this DS had a special and very elegant body, with a particularly airy roof compartment, and was built with VIP clients in mind. 

The Concorde coupé on offer has been saved thanks to the endeavours of its current owner, a German collector, Citroën dealer and huge DS enthusiast. He threw himself into a major restoration project, as the bodywork was badly corroded. Photos documenting this process reflect the scale of the work required, which including cutting out corroded areas and rebuilding several panels. The interior was completely restored and upholstery refurbished. The car received the same level of care for the mechanical. Presented today in metallic gold with grey roof, it is presented in superb condition, displaying all the special features of its handcrafted coachwork: chrome strips on the bonnet and sides, special headlight bezels, chromed wire wheels, bezels at the bottom of the body, the inscription " DS19 " in spaced lettering on the boot, and a special " Henri Chapron " plaque. 

Chapron versions were exclusive for both their price and the limited production. It is believed that just 37 or 38 examples of the Concorde coupé were built between 1960 and 1965. This elegant car, presented in superb condition, is therefore extremely rare. 

Please note that following an administrative error, the chassis number on the title is 420344 instead of 4200344.

1962 Citroën DS Concorde par Chapron 1962 Citroën DS Concorde par Chapr... 1962 Citroën DS Concorde par Chapron

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1986 Citroën BX 4 TC 

No reserve 

Sans titre de circulation 

Châssis n° 00XL 3026 

- Seulement 220 km d'origine 

- Livrée neuve à Franco Sbarro 

- Rare Groupe B de route 

- Sans réserve 

La BX 4TC correspond à une tentative de Citroën de s'engager en Championnat du monde des rallyes, à l'époque des fameuses Groupe B. Pour l'homologation, le constructeur devait produire 200 exemplaires et il a donc mis au point sur la base d'une BX une version route équipée d'un moteur 2 141 cm3 turbo développant 200 ch, avec une transmission à quatre roues motrices. Sur les versions "Évolution" de l'équipe officielle, les spécifications étaient plus sportives et la puissance atteignait 380 ch mais ces caractéristiques n'ont pas permis à la voiture de briller, et elle sera finalement retirée du Championnat. La production totale, réalisée chez Heuliez, s'élèverait à 86 exemplaires, la production au-delà aurait été détruite par Citroën, sous contrôle d'huissier. La rumeur court même sur le fait que Citroën proposa aux propriétaires de "4TC" de les leur racheter jusqu'au double de leur valeur. Quelle que soit la vérité, il s'agit indiscutablement d'un modèle rare dont seulement une quarantaine d'exemplaires subsisteraient. 

Cette Citroën BX 4 TC n'ayant parcouru que 220 km depuis l'origine se présente dans un état proche du neuf. Elle fut délivrée neuve au réputé constructeur automobiles suisse Franco Sbarro qui l'exposa pour ses étudiants dans sa fameuse école ESPERA pendant de nombreuses années. Ce véritable collector qui reste à roder est une occasion qui ne se présente que très rarement. 

Merci de noter qu'en sus des frais acheteurs, une TVA à 20% s'appliquera sur l'adjudication pour ce lot et sera à la charge de l'acheteur. La facture d'achat fera ressortir la TVA. 

Unregistered 

Chassis n° 00XL 3026 

- Only 220 km since new 

- Delivered new to Franco Sbarro 

- Street version of the mythical Group B 

- No reserve 

The BX 4TC represents Citroën's attempt at engaging into World Rally Championship at the time of the famous Group B era. For homologation, the manufacturer had to produce 200 cars and consequently developed a road version on the base of the BX, powered by a turbocharged 2141cc engine developing 200bhp, with a four-wheel-drive system. On the "Evolution" version for the official team, the specifications were more sporting and max power reached 380bhp, yet it wasn't good enough and the BX 4TC was finally withdrawn from the championship.Total production, executed at Heuliez, would total up to just 86 units, though the cars were to have been destroyed by Citroen, under the supervision of a bailiff. Rumor though says that Citroën offered the owners of the "4TC" to buy them back at twice their value. Whatever be the truth, it is unquestionably a very rare model, of which only forty examples are said to remain. 

The example on offer is in mint condition today and covered only 220 km since new. It was delivered new to well-known Swiss car constructor Franco Sbarro. He had it exhibited in his school, ESPERA for his students for many years. This true collector which has to be break-in is an opportunity that comes by very rarely, if ever. 

Please note that in addition to the buyer's premium, the buyer will have to pay a VAT of 20% on the hammer price. The invoice delivered to the buyer will show the VAT. 

Photos: Copyright Peter Singhof

1986 Citroën BX 4 TC 1986 Citroën BX 4 TC 1986 Citroën BX 4 TC

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1966 Maserati Sebring 3500 GTi Série II 

Titre de circulation suisse 

Châssis n° 101/10/419 

- Dans la même famille depuis 1970 

- Scrupuleusement entretenue 

- Superbe combinaison de couleurs 

Commandé par l'agent Maserati de Genève pour M. Giorgio Peccorini au début de l'année 1966, cet exemplaire lui fût livré en mai de la même année. Homme de goût, ce dernier avait opté pour l'élégante teinte Grigio Ingelwood rehaussée d'un intérieur en cuir Connolly cognac du meilleur effet. 

C'est en 1970 et après avoir parcouru seulement 17 000km que l'auto fut acquise par le père de son propriétaire actuel. L'auto fût depuis lors entretenue par le service Maserati et rien ne fut négligé pour la maintenir dans la meilleure condition. La carrosserie fut repeinte dans sa couleur d'origine Grigio Ingelwood en décembre 1984. Le système de freinage soit les quatre disques et pinces ainsi que les deux servo-freins furent entièrement révisé en juillet 1988. La boîte cinq vitesses ZF fut aussi entièrement révisée en 1989, puis le boîtier de direction ZF en 1998 et la voiture n'a parcouru que 5 000 km depuis. En 2011 le moteur fut entièrement démonté et révisé par les ateliers FB Motors de Saint-Jeoire en Haute-Savoie. A cette occasion un ventilateur électrique à commande manuelle fut installé. Le distributeur d'injection Lucas, les injecteurs, les pipes d'admission ainsi que le distributeur Magneti-Marelli furent révisés et la pompe haute pression Lucas fut remplacée au profit d'une pompe moderne Bosch plus efficace. A la même période, les quatre amortisseurs furent remplacés ainsi que les pneumatiques et les jantes à rayons Borrani optionnelles furent restaurées chez Borrani. Les sièges avant ont été reconditionnés avec de nouveaux rembourrages et le cuir de couleur cognac conforme à l'origine fut remplacé en 2011. 

Accompagné d'un très riche dossier de factures et de ses brochures d'origine, doté d'un historique limpide et ayant toujours été scrupuleusement maintenu par la même famille, cet exemplaire fera le bonheur des connaisseurs. 

Swiss title 

Chassis n° 101/10/419 

- In the same family ownership since 1970 

- Scrupulously maintained 

- Superb colour combination 

Ordered by the Maserati dealer in Geneva for Giorgio Peccorini at the start of 1966, this car was delivered to Peccorini in May of that year. A man of great taste, he opted for the stylish combination of Grigio Ingelwood with cognac Connolly leather interior. 

In 1970, with just 17 000 km on the clock, the car was acquired by the father of the current owner. It has been maintained by the Maserati service since then and everything has been done to ensure it has been kept in the best condition. The coachwork was repainted in the original Grigio Ingelwood colour in December 1984. The braking system of four discs, calipers and two servo-brakes, were completely re-furbished in July 1988. Then in 1989, the five-speed ZF gear box was refurbished, followed by the ZF steering box in 1998, and the car has covered just 5 000 km since. In 2011 the engine was dismantled and re-built by FB Motors de Saint-Jeoire in Haute-Savoie, and a manually operated electric fan installed at the same time. The Lucas injection distributor, injectors, intake pipes and Magneti-Marelli distributor were all serviced and the high pressure Lucas pump replaced with a more modern and efficient Bosch pump. At the same time the four shock absorbers and the tyres were replaced, and the optional Borrani wire wheels were restored by Borrani. In 2011, the front seats were re-upholstered with cognac-coloured leather conforming to the original and new padding. 

Accompanied by a large file of invoices and original brochures, offered with clear history and having been scrupulously maintained by the same family since 1970, this example is bound to appeal to connoisseurs.

1966 Maserati Sebring 3500 GTi Série II 1966 Maserati Sebring 3500 GTi Sér... 1966 Maserati Sebring 3500 GTi Série II

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1970 Maserati Ghibli Spyder 4.7L 

Titre de circulation allemand 

Châssis n° AM115/S*1161 

Moteur n° AM115/S*1161 

- Un des quelques 90 Ghibli Spyder 4.7 L construits 

- Intérieur d'origine et nombreuses options 

- Matching numbers 

Avec la Ghibli, Giugiaro signe chez Ghia un dessin magistral. Ce modèle racé, présenté au Salon de Turin 1966, représente l'aboutissement des Maserati à moteur V8 avant et va permettre à la marque de reprendre une place affirmée sur le marché des voitures de Grand Tourisme. Elle y est aidée par le magnifique moteur quatre arbres conçu par Giulio Alfieri, puissant, endurant et qui, dans sa version 4,9 litres, permet à la Ghibli de dépasser largement 250 km/h. Les voitures capables de telles vitesses sont plutôt rares, à l'époque. Par ailleurs, Maserati soigne avec cette voiture sa réputation de raffinement et lui fait bénéficier d'une finition particulièrement élégante, complète et soignée. Née avant la crise du pétrole et les limitations de vitesse généralisées, la Ghibli représente l'apogée du Grand Tourisme à l'italienne. 

La version Spyder, dévoilée au Salon de Turin 1968, est encore plus belle avec sa capote disparaissant sous un volet spécial, ce qui permet une ligne d'une grande pureté. A sa beauté et son luxe, elle ajoute la race de sa mécanique. 

Le Ghibli Spyder que nous présentons est un très bel exemplaire d'origine, bien entretenu et matching numbers. Comme nous l'a confirmé Maserati, elle fut livrée neuve à Lake Forest en Californie en mai 1970, elle était alors équipée d'une boite automatique Borg Warner, la carrosserie était de couleur Oro longchamps et l'interieur " Senape ". 

La voiture est aujourd'hui superbe, dans sa teinte bleue " Blu Celeste " et son intérieur cuir " Senape " qui semble être celui d'origine, elle a été équipée d'une nouvelle capote noire et d'une boîte de vitesse manuelle à cinq rapports améliorant grandement le plaisir de conduite. Elle affiche un peu plus de 41 000 miles au compteur ce qui serait son kilométrage d'origine et celui-ci semble correspondre à l'état actuel de la voiture. La majorité des options disponibles à l'époque équipent ce modèle : jantes Borrani, air conditionné, vitres teintées électriques, direction assistée ainsi que la radio et son antenne. La roue de secours intacte et d'origine tout comme la trousse à outils sont présents dans le coffre. Une restauration mécanique de plus de $50 000 a été réalisée entre 2003 et 2010 par Dew Luxury Motorcars aux Etats Unis. Un dossier de photos et de factures qui documentent cette restauration est disponible sur demande. Offrant une excellente alternative à ces contemporaines comme la Ferrari Daytona, il n'est pas surprenant de voir la côte de popularité des Ghibli Spyder monter en flèche et cet exemplaire, dans cette superbe combinaison de couleurs, équipée de son moteur d'origine, est particulièrement désirable. 

Merci de noter que le dossier de factures et photographies de la restauration mentionnées au catalogue a été égaré depuis et ne sera pas délivrées avec la voiture. 

German title 

Chassis n° AM115/S*1161 

Engine n° AM115/S*1161 

- One of only 90 4.7 L Ghibli Spyders built 

- Original interior, equipped with numerous options 

- Matching numbers 

The Ghibli design by Giugiaro at Ghia was masterful. This stylish model, presented at the Turin Motor Show in 1966, was the ultimate development of the front-engined V8 Maserati, allowing the marque to take a well-earned place in the market for Grand Touring cars. This was helped by the magnificent four-cam engine designed by Giulio Alfieri, powerful and robust, that was capable, in the 4.9-litre version, of powering the Ghibli to well over 250 km/h. Cars capable of such speeds were rare at that time. Keen to maintain their reputation for sophisticated styling, Maserati gave the car a level of finishing that was particularly elegant and polished. A pre-oil crisis baby that appeared before the widespread introduction of speed limits, the Ghibli represents the pinnacle of Italian GT cars. The Spyder version, unveiled at the 1968 Turin Motor Show, was even more striking with a hood that disappeared beneath a special panel to give the car a beautifully clean, pure line. Adding to the good looks and luxurious finishing was the outstanding engineering. 

The Ghibli Spyder on offer is an outstanding, well-maintained, original, and matching-numbers example. Maserati confirmed us that the car was delivered new in Lake Forest, California in May 1970. Its original livery was gold "Oro Lompchamps"with "Senape" interior and the car was then fitted with an automatic Borg Warner gearbox. Today, it is attractively finished in blue "Blu Celeste" with a "Senape" leather interior nicely patinated, which seems to be its original. The car was fitted with a new black convertible top and a desirable five-speed manual transmission. The odometer shows only over 41,000 miles, which appear to be from new which seems to be consistent with car's current condition. It is also fitted with nearly all the desirable options when ordered new, including Borrani wire wheels, air conditioning, tinted glass, electric windows, power steering, and the original radio and antenna. The original and unused spare tyre and tool roll are in the boot. The vehicle has been mechanically restored for over $50,000 between 2003 and 2010. The work has been documented and was performed by Dew Luxury Motorcars in Sterling, Virginia. Receipts and invoices are available upon request. It is no surprise that Ghibli Spyders are strongly gaining in popularity as worthy alternatives to their contemporary competition, the Ferrari Daytona. This particular car, with its handsome colour scheme equipped with its original engine, is certainly a prime example. 

Please note that the receipts and invoices documenting the restoration mentioned in the catalogue have been lost since and will not be delivered with the car.

1970 Maserati Ghibli Spyder 4.7L 1970 Maserati Ghibli Spyder 4.7L 1970 Maserati Ghibli Spyder 4.7L

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1986 BMW M5 

No reserve 

Carte grise française 

Châssis n° WBSDC910101018280 

- Belle histoire - Ex-Didier Pironi 

- Trois propriétaires seulement 

- Toujours restée en France 

- Sans réserve 

Cette BMW M5 a connu un destin exceptionnel puisqu'elle a été livrée neuve par l'usine au célèbre vice-champion du Monde de Formule 1 Didier Pironi. Pironi a couru sur Tyrell, Ligier et sur Ferrari en 81 et 82. Il a remporté plusieurs Grands Prix ainsi que les 24 Heures du Mans avec la Renault Alpine A442B en 1978. Après quelques mois, Didier Pironi s'en sépare au profit de son ami Gérard Toulemonde, qui l'immatriculait 8397 NZ 92 le 29 mai 1986. Elle passe ensuite entre les mains de l'actuel propriétaire, qui est donc le troisième. La voiture est en état d'origine et le compteur affiche 124 000 km. Régulièrement entretenue, elle fonctionne correctement. Elle est bien préservée sur le plan cosmétique. La carrosserie est correcte, de même que la sellerie entièrement recouverte de cuir bleu. Dans l'ensemble de factures jointes au dossier, on note en 1993 des travaux de remise en état au garage Vaillant (Franconville) pour un total de 60 045 francs. En 2010, la voiture a bénéficié aussi de plusieurs travaux, comme le nettoyage de conduites d'alimentation, le remplacement du réservoir de carburant, des silentblocs moteur, de la courroie d'alternateur, de l'échappement et des pneumatiques. En 2013, le récepteur d'embrayage a été remplacé, de même que les tirants de suspension en septembre 2016, opération suivie de la remise en état de la suspension arrière (silentblocs et barre stabilisatrice). 

Bien préservée, cette voiture, qui a connu une appartenance prestigieuse, est une bonne représentante d'une BMW sportive très appréciée des amateurs par ses performances brillantes. 

French title 

Chassis n°WBSDC910101018280 

- Beautiful history - Ex-Didier Pironi 

- Three owners from new 

- Spent all its life in France 

- No reserve 

This BMW M5 has had an exceptional destiny, since it was delivered new by the factory to the famous Formula 1 world vice-champion, Didier Pironi. Driving for Tyrell, Ligier and Ferrari in '81 and '82, he won several Grands Prix and the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the Renault Alpine A442B in 1978. After a few months, Didier Pironi sold the car to his friend Gérard Toulemonde, who registered it as 8397 NZ 92 on 29 May 1986. It then passed into the hands of the third and current owner. In original condition, the odometer shows 124,000 km. Maintained regularly, the car drives well. It is also well preserved on the cosmetic level. The bodywork is correct, as is the upholstery, which is entirely covered in blue leather. The car was refurbished by the garage Vaillant in1993 for a total of 60,045 francs. All invoices are in a folder. In 2010, the car benefited from several works, such as the cleaning of the manifolds, replacement of the fuel tank, the silent blocks of the engine, the alternator belt, the exhaust and the tires. In 2013, the clutch was replaced, as were the suspension tie rods in September 2016, followed by the overhaul of the rear suspension (silent blocks and stabilizer bar). 

Well preserved, this car which has enjoyed a prestigious connection, is a good representative of a sporty BMW very much appreciated by enthusiasts for its scintillating performance capabilities.

1986 BMW M5 1986 BMW M5 1986 BMW M5

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 329 

No reserve 

Titre de circulation croate 

Châssis n° 329766 

- Belle restauration 

- Modèle recherché 

- Technique originale 

- Sans réserve 

Livré neuf en Allemagne, ce tracteur Porsche a été exporté en 1984 en Yougoslavie avant de rejoindre la Croatie. Complètement restauré, il se présente en très bel état. Il est équipé d'un trois-cylindres diesel quatre-temps qui présentait l'originalité d'un refroidissement par air, système qu'affectionnait Porsche et qui facilitait l'entretien. L'alimentation était assurée par un système d'injection Bosch. D'une cylindrée de 2 625 cm3, avec un taux de compression 19 : 1, ce moteur développait 35 ch à 2 300 tr/mn, pour un poids total du tracteur de 1 585 kg, ce qui lui permettait d'atteindre 34 km/h. La transmission était assurée par un double embrayage Fichtel & Sachs relié à une boîte de vitesses Deutz T25 comportant huit rapports avant et deux arrière. Il pouvait être équipé de tous les équipements permettant le travail de la terre. 

Produit de 1961 à 1963, ce tracteur au nom prestigieux présentait une technique moderne et une belle finition qui allaient lui permettre de rencontrer un succès important, avec une production qui s'est établie à 3 600 exemplaires. Aujourd'hui très apprécié des amateurs de tracteurs et matériel agricole, il représente un classique au même titre que les tracteurs Vierzon ou Lanz Bulldog. 

Croatian title 

Chassis n ° 329766 

- Nice restoration 

- Sought after model 

- Technically interesting 

- No reserve 

Delivered new in Germany, this Porsche tractor was exported in 1984 to Yugoslavia before landing up in Croatia. Completely restored, it is in a beautiful condition. It is powered by a three-cylinder four-stroke diesel engine that featured a technical distinction in being air-cooled, facilitating maintenance. Power was supplied by a Bosch injection system. With a cylinder capacity of 2625cc, and with a compression ratio of 19:1, the engine developed 35bhp at 2300rpm for a total weight of 1,585 kg, which allowed it to reach 34 km/h. The transmission was through a Fichtel & Sachs double clutch connected to a Deutz T25 gearbox with eight forward and two reverse gears. It could be equipped with all the necessary equipment for farming. 

Produced from 1961 to 1963 with production totaling 3,600 units, this tractor with a prestigious brand name featured modern technology and had a beautiful finish that made it a great success. Very popular today with enthusiasts of tractors and agricultural equipment, it represents a classic in the same way as tractors by Vierzon or Lanz Bulldog. 

Photos: Copyright Hannes Friesenegger

1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 329 1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 32... 1961 Porsche Diesel Super Export 329

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 00ML6642 

  • Rare and prestigious C-Matic 
  • Delivered new in Lyon, 3 owners from new 
  • Elegant combination of colors 
  • Last service at SM2A at the cost of € 7500 
  • No reserve 

Citroën has always had a tradition of developing luxurious versions of its top-end models, and the CX Prestige is one of them. At the French Presidency's request, the manufacturer began offering from February 1976 an extended version of its top-end sedan of the time: the CX Prestige. With an extra 25 cm between the two axles, it offered a much more spacious interior and a rare level of comfort. To power this elegant automobile, the manufacturer initially equipped it with a 2.2L engine, and then later the high-performance 2.4L, as well providing it with equipment that was worthy of its status, with better insulation, air-conditioning, electric windows, courtesy lamps, a stereo, etc. In 1979, the Prestige received central locking, as can be seen on the model that we are offering. It is a very luxurious model that allows one to travel in high levels of comfort. 

The CX 2.4L that we are offering is one of the rare Prestige models equipped with a semi-automatic gearbox. Around 2,000 of these were made, the majority of which have disappeared. As the car's service booklet indicates, the one we are offering was delivered new by the Citroën dealership in Lyon, Garage Metropole, to its first owner, René Garcin, the owner of silk factory, on May 14, 1982. The car was registered 15 days later. Incidentally, Mr. Garcin, known to be a good friend of Raymond Barre, the mayor of Lyon, received in 1957, a distinction medal for his actions in the French Resistance during World War II. A copy of the certificate of his medal is also present in the file, as well as an interesting narrative over several pages of his French Resistance actions, signed by the French High Commissioner. 

All the services were carried out very regularly by the Citroën dealership in Lyon, the service book being regularly stamped tuntil1989. It then had 44,798 km since new. In 2007, the car changed hands and went to the other end of France, to be acquired by an enthusiast in the South of France, who also carried out regular servicing of the car. In 2014, it was acquired by the current owner who had been looking for a Prestige for years, impressed by the parade of the new President Jacques Chirac traversing Paris, the night of his election in 1995, in the famous CX registered 19 FLX 75. The car has only 60,000 km since new, its original leather interior in Havana color is in an astounding state, as it does not seem to have suffered the wear and tear of time. A comprehensive service has just recently been carried out by the excellent specialist SM2A, Jean-Michel Gallet, costing € 7500 in order for this superb Prestige to work perfectly well. 

Beautiful CX Prestige survivors are very rare, and this one is special since it is the version C-Matic, which is very pleasant and comfortable to use on a daily basis. Moreover, its color combination makes this flagship luxury Citroën a car not to be missed.

1979 Citroën CX 2400 Prestige C-Matic 1979 Citroën CX 2400 Prestige C-Ma... 1979 Citroën CX 2400 Prestige C-Matic

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 4294071 

  • Only three owners since new 
  • A touching barn find 
  • A beautiful restoration project 
  • No reserve 

This DS19 cabriolet that we are offering is a very touching barn find. It is one of the last "factory" convertibles from its series, and was first registered on April 30, 1965. Importantly, the history of this car is very clear, as it has had only three owners to date and has been in the same hands from 1968 to 2016. It was delivered new in 1965, bought by a company from North of France, before moving to Normandy in 1968. The history of this car is special because following an impact in the rear in the 1970s, it was kept aside, with the plans to be restored, which never happened. It then remained garaged in Normandy, and thus remained so for many years without being driven, degrading over a period of time. Its odometer displays a little less than 80,000 km, which would very likely correspond to its original mileage. This rare "barn find" cabriolet, which has to be completely restored, represents a beautiful restoration project. It is in a livery that associates a grey exterior color with red leather upholstery. Our DS is equipped with the hydraulic box and might have its original engine. DS cabriolets are very sought after by collectors and their current market value allows a high quality restoration. For true fans of the brand, such an interesting car cannot be ignored. 

1965 Citroën DS 19 cabriolet Sans reserve 1965 Citroën DS 19 cabriolet Sans ... 1965 Citroën DS 19 cabriolet Sans reserve

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 50490 

Engine no. 61587 

  • Official AGACI school car at the Montlhéry track 
  • Unchanged since the 1950s 
  • Used as a learner for racing drivers 
  • Mechanical overhaul 
  • No reserve 

The car on offer is well-known amongst enthusiasts. It started its life as a D6-60 coupe and in the mid-1940s it belonged to the carmaker Delahaye. On April 6, 1949, the manufacturer sent a letter to the French Association of automobile racers) proposing to place at their disposal the Delage till the end of October. The letter mentioned a special deposit for novice pilots of the AGACI (association of independent racers). The car was acquired on November 28 of the same year, for the racing drivers school based in Montlhéry. In a bad shape, it received a new two-seater sports body made by René Dhoëdt, a coachbuilder in Paris, which gave the car a new 'career', becoming the training vehicle for a whole generation of racers. 

After some years at the legendary Montlhéry autodrome, the ex-AGACI D6 retired to South of France in the early 1960s and it was sold in 1966. Untouched for 37 years, it came out of its garage in 2003, still retaining its 1950 configuration, when an enthusiast bought it, preserving as much as was possible of the original aspects. A complete mechanical overhaul was carried out by the excellent professionals 'Tous les moteurs' in Champigny sur Marne, who also work on all the French state's heritage assets. The current owner has had the single carburetor replaced by a three Solex RAIP 40s. The red leather upholstery was redone, the meters restored and the original AGACI markings redone on the bodywork. 

The car will be delivered with a complete file incorporating an original AGACI chain, as well as an original badge that was placed on the grille. 

With a history that ran concurrently with the economic development of France, this car is an invaluable part of it. It is a very easy to use car, very efficient because its low weight and its powerful engine. It can be used in historical events and is bound to get noticed. 

1937- 49 Delage D6-60 3 LSport Biplace ex-A.G.A.C.I. No reserve 1937- 49 Delage D6-60 3 LSport Bipl... 1937- 49 Delage D6-60 3 LSport Biplace ex-A.G.A.C....

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n° 57330 

Engine n° 548 

  • 1st Atalante to be presented at the 1935 Paris Motor Show 
  • One of just eight Atalante made originally with fold-down roof, the only example to have survived with its original chassis 
  • A Bugatti masterpiece 
  • In top mechanical condition 

Assembled at the factory during September 1935 (along with nine other Type 57 chassis), Bugatti chassis 57330 was fitted with engine number 232. The coachwork was completed on 4 October 1935 and the following day the car was transported by truck from Molsheim to the Grand Palais to be exhibited on the Bugatti stand at the Paris Motor Show. On 6 October the same truck collected from the factory a 57S chassis, the Aérolithe coupé that was the star of the show. The original colours do not appear in the coachwork register, information not recorded until the following year. However, a note from the factory dated 10 November 1935 states: " Atalante 57330/232 brown and cream, interior pigskin, new 36 factory - 57 040 French francs in stock avenue Montaigne". This tells us that this was the 1936 model, and the car shown at the Motor Show in October 1935. 

The Atalante coupés on Type 57 chassis 

The new model was presented in the Spring of 1935, not at a motor show. The Atalante built on the Type 57 long chassis was designed by Joseph Walter, a talented employee from the factory design team. The car corresponds to design number 1070 dated 20 January 1935. The first and only official photos before the 1935 Salon catalogue appeared in the June 1935 edition of the magazine Omnia, in an article by A. Caputo. The photos show a 2-seater coupé with a roll-top roof, in two tone, likely to be black and ivory. This was the first car to be built, delivered on 12 April 1935 (chassis 57313/ engine 179). Ten Atalante coupés were produced between April and October 1935, at least seven featuring a roll-top roof. In 1936, a further eight cars were built, four of these with roll-top roof, the last to benefit from this option. For 1937, when just six Atalantes were built, the opening roof was abandoned and the bodies were made of aluminium. The factory price for the "Coupé Atalante 2/3 seats with roll-top roof " was 90 000 francs in October 1935, then 87 000 francs in October 1936 and, a year later, the new coupé version cost 108 000 francs. 

The model was described thus: "Coupé Atalante, 2/3 seats, 2 doors - Independent metal seats with removable upholstery - Trim : fine leather - streamlined enveloping wings - large boot and tool compartment in the rear tip - sun visor, double windscreen wipers - rear view mirror - front bumper. " 

The coupé was not on offer at the Motor Show in October 1938 and was subsequently abandoned, although ten more examples were built through to Christmas 1938. Between April 1935 and December 1938 around 33 Atalante coupés on Type 57 and 57C chassis were produced 

The car on offer, chassis 57330, was the last Atalante to be built in 1935. It was also the first Atalante to be exhibited at a Motor Show and was sold after the Show to one of the factory's regular clients. A little later, the car passed into the hands of Albert-Hippolyte-Marie Marestaing (1911-1985), who came from an important family involved in the steel industry in the East of France. In July 1932, at just 21 years old he had been able to buy a new Type 43. Plenty of other Bugatti followed before the Atalante, including the only Type 57 roadster to be bodied by Antem, chassis 57200. It was the sale of this car, bought back by the factory for 40 000 francs, plus an extra sum of 50 000 francs, that enabled him to buy the chassis 57330 on 21 December 1935. The car was registered new with the Parisian number 3304 RK. Probably registered at his Parisian address in Rue de Raynouard, the Bugatti is likely to stay in the summer at the Château de Mauran, the family home in South of France. 

An automobile enthusiast, Marestaing was close to Bugatti and the famous driver Jean-Pierre Wimille in particular. He kept the car until 24 November 1936, when it was sold to another unknown Parisian owner. One year later, the Bugatti was acquired by its third owner, Henri Berlaimont, a brewer from the North of France. He had settled in the Saint-Quentin region in 1920, and subsequently took over the two biggest breweries in the town, "Pomme Rouge" and "Deux Cigognes". Passionate about fine automobiles, he became an assiduous client of Bugatti from 1925, owning more than ten different models before the war, including a Type 30, a Type 43 and several Type 50s. Then, on 31 January 1938 be became the owner of the Atalante 57330. His very last Bugatti, bought in 1952, was one of two Gangloff coupés built on a Type 57S chassis. Chassis 57330 was registered in the North of France with the number 1197 AF 5, at Berlaimont's address, 7 rue Jean Jaurès in Saint-Quentin, although it was maintained and stored at the brewery garages. In order to acquire his new pur-sang, the businessman sold the Type 50 that he had owned for four years. 

The Atalante was requisitioned by the German authorities during the war, as noted on the back of the only photograph found in the Berlaimont family archives. Beautiful Bugatti always attracted the attention of the Wehrmacht officers, although these cars were often abandoned after a few months in favour of a new requisition. The Atalante moved in the south area of France and was found abandoned in the Bordeaux area at the end of the war. 

The post-war years 

After the war, the car was sold by the state, and homologated by the authorities on 10 August 1948 before being re-registered by a garage. The new owner responsible for putting the car back on the road was André Baillac, who ran a garage at 31 Rue Tastet in Bordeaux, an Austin dealership for the region that remained operational until 1977. A shrewd enthusiast, Baillac rescued a rare Bugatti Type 35B at the same time. The Atalante 57330 was registered 3701 GC 4 on 12 August 1948. It is possible that Baillac discovered the car without papers and not running at the end of the war. A month after he registered the car, it was sold to Bugatti enthusiast, Jean-Fernand-Maris Piet-Lataudrie (1899-1979). A ship-owner, from an old family from the West of France, he shared his time between the family home in Sainte-Neomaye and his residence in Boulogne-sur-Mer, and the US where he supervised the construction of his boats. At the time, he already owned a Bugatti, but the Atalante he acquired in 1948 would become his favourite. The car was maintained by the former chief mechanic of the Bugatti garage in Niort, Paul Thomas. Jean Piet-Lataudrie remained the owner of the car after it was re-registered in the new system in 1950, with the number 440 BJ 79. He died in 1979 in Boulogne-sur-Mer. It was in 1959 however, that the car left the Niort countryside to head to the capital. On 9 March 1959 it was registered with the number 3844 HT 75 in the name of Eligio-Bruno Bonardi, of 153 Boulevard Saint-Germain, Paris. Bonardi, a 34-year old Italian from Palma, who enjoyed a very active nightlife, according to the previous owner, neglected his Bugatti a little, caring only about being seen and heard in the car. 

Three years later and a little bruised by its life in the city, the Atalante was sold to the knowledgable and early collector, Robert Cornière (1909-2002). An enlightened enthusiast with a passion for Bugatti and Voisin, he stored numerous models of his two favourite marques during the 1960s at his country residence. The Atalante sat next to every model of Bugatti, in what became one of the biggest marque collections before investors arrived on the scene. 

It was April 1962 when Robert Cornière bought the ex-1935 Paris Motor Show Atalante. The hot-headed Italian's careless use had ensured that the engine was unusable. The car was put back on the road and maintained by Henri Hauswald, from Levallois. A former mechanic for the Bugatti repair workshop in Paris, he was extremely familiar with this model. It was repainted in the original cream and brown, although these colours were reversed. Hauswald had tucked away in his garage a new factory engine, no. 548, that was part of the stock from Molsheim hidden in Bordeaux in 1941 and later taken to Paris. This engine, a gearbox and axle, were fitted to chassis 57330, and the original engine, numbered 232, was kept by Robert Cornière for spares, before being sold to René Giordano in 1977. The Atalante was driven by its owner for ten years before being bought by the Parisian collector Michel Seydoux in March 1975. On 7 May 1986 Hervé Ogliastro, President of the Club Bugatti France, acquired the car at an auction in the Château de Fontainebleau. Extremely satisfied with the quality of the restoration of his Ferrari Daytona by André Lecoq, he entrusted the workshop Lecoq with the Atalante for a complete restoration, maintaining the original color scheme, still reversed. He used it for many events organised by the club at Montlhéry, and at international meets. The car won its class at the first concours d'élégance of Bagatelle. The engine has recently been completely rebuilt. The pistons, valves and camshaft have all been refurbished by the well known mechanic of the collection, Francis Courteix. The clutch has been replaced. Since this work was carried out the car has covered less than 5 000 km, driven at all times by experts. 

The first Atalante to be shown at the Paris Motor Show in 1935, chassis 57330 returns to the capital for Retromobile 2017. In 1935, Bugatti's coachbuilding workshop produced eight coupés with fold-down roofs on Type 57 chassis. The car presented here, 57330, is the only one to have survived on its original chassis. 

The first car officially named Atalante for its launch at the Grand Palais on 5 October 1935, it is the only 1935 roll-top example in the series not to have been destroyed or dismantled. Here is a unique opportunity to acquire an exceptional and emblematic model from the era of Jean Bugatti, who was in charge of the factory in 1935 and used a similar model to promote the marque in 1936. 

Pierre-Yves Laugier 

Please note that it's one of just eight Atalante made originally with fold-down roof, the only 1935 example to have survived with its original chassis. 

1935 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante découvrable 1935 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante déco... 1935 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante découvrable

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 1120880 

  • Extremely neat restoration 
  • "Small rear windscreen" and Luxe Export model 
  • Rare wooden steering wheel 
  • No reserve 

Sold new in Switzerland, in Lausanne, this Peugeot 203 is a rare Luxe Export version. Moreover, it is one of the oldest examples of this famous French sedan, since it left the factor on the production's first year, and it still has the "small rear windscreen" which is particularly sought after by collectors today. 

Purchased in 2012 by the previous owner, a French collector of Peugeots, it was then a car wreck. It thus needed a comprehensive and elaborate restoration, which was done, leaving nothing to chance. The underbody has been replaced and all the mechanicals have been redone, including suspensions, brakes and electricals. Inside, the upholstery has been completely redone in a light beige leather and the car is equipped with a very rare wooden steering wheel, an original Peugeot accessory of the period. A restoration folder contains almost a hundred photographs which show the magnitude of the work carried out. 

Today, this car is in an impeccable condition, in its beautiful light beige color and its welcoming interior. An interesting and well-documented this car has covered only 200 km since its restoration, and is ready to take its future owner for a peaceful drive under the sun thanks to its lovely sunroof. 

1949 Peugeot 203 Luxe Export berline No reserve 1949 Peugeot 203 Luxe Export berlin... 1949 Peugeot 203 Luxe Export berline No reserve

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° 49396913 

  • A part of Citroën's rallying history 
  • In good condition, ready to take part in historical rallies 
  • One of the (very) rare shortened DS 
  • No reserve 

The handling qualities particular to the hydropneumatic suspension system made the DS a formidable rally weapon. 

Inspired by the prototype used by Bob Neyret, winner of the Rallye du Maroc, Marcel Lavalle built his own "DS Courte" in 1969, with the chassis shortened by 52cm. Driven by Lavalle, with J.P. Chastin as co-driver, the car took part in numerous events in 1969 and 1970, in France in the rallies Mistral, Antibes, Pétrole-Provence, Vaucluse, Criterium du Cevennes, and internationally the Tour Auto in Portugal. 

The car then spent many years in the garage of a collector next to Avignon before being bought by Roger Reynier. Reynier decided to carry out work on the body and the car was painted French racing blue. He also wanted the engine to be overhauled and gave it to Philippe Chauvet, in charge of the car's preparation, with the development work carried out by Marc Fanciullo, resulting in a max power of 119.4bhp on the dyno. This overhaul was carried alongside other improvements, notably to the dashboard. 

In its current configuration, this DS prototype has successfully participated in many regularity rallies and sporting events, and today its owner would very much welcome another enthusiast to take on the baton. Maybe that could be you? 

1969 Citroën DS 21 Rallye Coupé"raccourci" 1969 Citroën DS 21 Rallye Coupé&q... 1969 Citroën DS 21 Rallye Coupé"raccourci&q...

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 253480 

Engine No. 0065004497 

  • Very nice restoration 
  • Prepared for classic car rallies 
  • No reserve 

The current owner acquired this 2CV in 2007 on the recommendation of Antoine Demetz, the author of the book "La 2CV de mon pere" and editor of two magazines on this subject. This car was prepared to take part in various regional rallies at that time, as confirmed orally by Jean Malard, founder of the first 2CV club in the world. The car is distinguished by Equilux headlamps, Cibié fog lamps, and reinforced rims of the utility version, while the passenger compartment includes a handle for the passenger, a map reader and a mechanical washer. A Speed tubing with a 32 carburetor improves performance, and a protective skid plate under the engine has been added. 

The high quality restoration included: replacement of the floorpan, complete dismantling and paint of the body, check of the mechanicals, replacement of the wiring harness, refurbishment of the interior. The owner told us that white circles for the race numbers were found when the doors were being sanded. Since the restoration, the car has covered just 69 km, the tyres are new, as is the hood. This 2CV has been subject to a very comprehensive restoration and is a wonderful witness of a time and period when "competing" didn't cost much. 

1956 Citroën 2CV AZ " Rallye " 1956 Citroën 2CV AZ " Rallye ... 1956 Citroën 2CV AZ " Rallye "

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars