Results: 231

French title 

Chassis n° IA3*0309 

  • High quality restoration 
  • In the same ownership for 27 years 
  • High performance 
  • Used carefully 

This Bizzarrini GT Strada was bought by Hervé Ogliastro in April 1990 at an auction held by Maître Poulain. Prior to this, according to the Bizzarrini specialist and historian Koobs de Hartog, the car was owned by a string of collectors including Max Balchowski, an American from Wisconsin, Oliver Kuttner and a well-known German collector. The latter had the car up for sale with Motor-Gallery Aachen, before selling it at auction. It appears that another example has the same chassis number. It is very possible that the car belonging to H. Ogliastro was in Oliver Kuttner's workshop at the same time as another one, which had no documentation. Kuttner probably used the chassis number and documents belonging to n°309 for both car. 

After buying the Bizzarrini, Hervé Ogliastro registered it 5300 WZ, a particularly appropriate registration! At that time, the odometer showed just 12 800 miles, but the car required full restoration. And so, advised by J. Lavost, President of the Bizzarrini France club, Hervé Ogliastro sent it to Diomante in Italy. During the 1960s Salvatore Diomante was in charge of the Bizzarrini factory. After the full restauration, the car was sent in 1993 to the restoration workshop of André Lecoq for the finishing touches. Four years later, in 1997, this Bizzarrini was shown at the Bagatelle concours d'élégance. It has only been driven sparingly, as shown by the odometer, which reads14 220 miles today. 

As the name suggests, the Bizzarrini 5300 GT is the work of Giotto Bizzarrini, one of the creators of the Ferrari 250 GTO. It was a distillation of his technical ideology, and positioning the engine towards the back gave the car a better centre of gravity and improved roadholding. Bizzarrini didn't bother with a complicated Italian engine, but went to look for one at Chevrolet. With versions ranging from 365 to 400 bhp, the Corvette's V8 enabled the car, known at the start as the Iso A3/C, to be the fastest GT of its day, even quicker than the Ferrari 275 GTB. The body, initially built in aluminium by Drogo, was later produced by BBM, with a few examples in fibreglass. In total, production was limited to some 130 cars. 

In superb condition following a meticulous restoration, this car has the extra attraction of being a rare aluminium-bodied Strada that, unusually, was not transformed for competition. Here is an interesting opportunity to buy a high performance GT car that is rare and appreciated by connoisseurs. 

Please note there is a mistake in the main catalogue and that as it is correctly indicated in the small catalogue and in the Hervé and Martine Ogliastro Collection's catalogue, this Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada is chassis number IA3*0309 and is estimated € 600,000 to € 900,000. 

Please note that we advise potential buyers to consult Mr Koobs de Hartog's report available in the car's file.

1968 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada 1968 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada 1968 Bizzarrini 5300 GT Strada

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis 1187S 

  • Real barchetta designed by the Maserati brothers 
  • Interesting racing history 
  • High quality restoration 

O.S.C.A. a genuine Maserati ! 

In 1937, Maserati was on the brink of bankruptcy and the brothers sold their company to the Orsi family while staying on in the business. On 1 December 1947 they wanted to regain their independence, but, as they were legally not allowed to use the family name again, the new marque became known as O.S.C.A. (Officina Specializzata Construzione Automobili). O.S.C.A.s are widely recognised as genuine Maserati today. There is, however, still some confusion over the different models and engines. To clarify: apart from the 4.5-litres (3 engines built), the Formula Juniors (with 1100cc pushrod Fiat engine) and the 2-litre six-cylinders, there are three different O.S.C.A variants - the MT4, the Type S and the 1600 GT. 

The MT4 : The initials standing for Maserati Tipo, the MT4 was the first series to appear in 1948. The tubular chassis had independent front suspension with wishbones and the rear axle was rigid with semi cantilever. It had a 4-cylinder engine with a five bearing crankshaft, which was soon fitted with a twin overhead cam cylinder head. The engine was available as 1100cc or twin-ignition 1500cc. The MT4 is the best known O.S.C.A., having clocked up multiple class wins in the Mille Miglia and won at Sebring outright in 1954, raced by Stirling Moss. In September 1955, a 1500cc version achieved 12 world speed records including 261.38 km/h over 10k (this car is on display in the Mulhouse museum today). 

The Type S : the model in the sale. This model benefitted from an evolution of the MT4 chassis. It had the same front axle but the chassis was widened to lower the centre of gravity. The real innovation was the redesigned engine. It was still a twin overhead cam 4-cylinder unit but was lighter, more compact and very powerful. The engine was built in different sizes : 750 cc, 1100 cc (the S 273 in the sale), 1500 cc and 2000 cc. In the car on offer, chassis n°1187, the engine has a cast iron block and aluminium cylinder head with two twin-bodied Weber DC03 carburettors, and magnesium oil sump. The number 273 corresponds to the unit cylinder size of the four-cylinder 1100cc engine. Producing 95 bhp, this aluminium barchetta of 480 kg was capable of 200 km/h. 

There is another O.S.C.A Type S with a Tipo S 273 engine stamped n° 1137 that wears the identity of chassis 1187. We believe this to be a genuine O.S.C.A Type S chassis with the wrong identity. This barchetta was exhibited at Rétromobile in February 2001 and Pebble Beach in August 2008. 

The 1600 GT : This was the final series equipped with a completely different engine to the MT4 and Type S, resulting from an agreement with Fiat. The cars are principally FISSORE and ZAGATO berlinettas. This was essentially the same engine as used in the Fiat O.S.C.A 1600 S. Apart from certain distributors and Weber carburettors the 1600 GT engine shares none of the parts of the MT4 and Type S. 

The O.S.C.A chassis 1187 in the sale is an extremely rare car. Just six Type 273 1100cc engines were built. It was sold new with engine n° 1137 on 7 September 1957 to Gianni Manelli (born in Turin in 1914), who lived at 15 Via Castelmarrone in Milan. His first event in the car was in France, in the Faucille hillclimb on September 1957, where he finished 4th in class. The following year he won 2nd in class in the Mont Ventoux hillclimb. Manelli also took to the track in 1958, winning his class in Monza in December of that year. In 1960, an old hand at Mont Ventoux, he won the class. In September 1961 the barchetta finished 4th in class in what became the car's home circuit of Vallelunga. On 27 March 1962 the car sold to Auto Corsa Italia in Vallelunga, and was raced by Carlo Alberto Del Bue. In 1964, the OSCA engine was replaced with an Alfa Romeo Giulietta engine and gearbox prepared by De Sanctis. At that time it was part of the fleet used by the driving school at Vallelunga. The car was subsequently acquired by Leandro Terra of Francavilla al Mare, who kept the car for over 30 years. In 2003, chassis 1187 and its body were discovered by Emillio Comelli, missing its OSCA engine and gearbox. Hervé Ogliastro then bought the car through Christophe Pund (Galerie des Damiers) and had a correct engine fitted, Tipo S 273 n°1140, along with a ZF gearbox conforming to the Type S. Ogliastro completely restored the barchetta, with the expert help of Francis Courteix. 

Christophe Pund 

1957 O.S.C.A Tipo S 273 1957 O.S.C.A Tipo S 273 1957 O.S.C.A Tipo S 273

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 105 

Engine no. 3180 

  • An exceptional restoration by Lecoq 
  • Complete set of accessories, in impeccable condition 
  • Exhibited at the CIA of Pantin 

Hervé Ogliastro is a multi-faceted car enthusiast and the veterans are particularly close to his heart. After buying the chassis of this De Dion Bouton, he found a body and decided to completely rebuild the car in the workshops of André Lecoq. Several accessories were found, including the lighting elements (BRC acetylene headlights) and a 1914 mascot "The Policeman" signed by Leverier, and several missing pieces and panels were rebuilt. The restoration strictly respected the presentation and the techniques of the times. In its present condition, with its sober green colour, its nickel-plated accessories, its dashboard instruments marked De Dion, its elegant oil canister fixed on the awning and its four-cylinder twin-block, the car seems almost in original condition, without looking too "new", like total restorations sometimes do. Interesting detail: on the left step there is a wooden box with a driver's kit, including a water tank allowing to clean after a repair session on the side of the road. The invoices from Lecoq, attached to the file, make it possible to detail the work carried out in 1990 -1991, and which totaled more than 710,000 francs. The car was exhibited at CIA of Pantin next to Paris for a long time and has seen very little use these last years. 

It is a magnificent representative of one of the great brands that profoundly marked the beginnings of the automobile, tastefully restored. 

1908 De Dion Bouton Bi 15/18 HP double phaéton 1908 De Dion Bouton Bi 15/18 HP dou... 1908 De Dion Bouton Bi 15/18 HP double phaéton

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis #82930 

  • A legendary sporting career 
  • 4 participations in the 24 Hours of Le Mans 
  • The limpid history of a mythical model 
  • The archetypal French pre-war racing car 

German Grand Prix Hegemony 

On 10 October 1933 the International Federation approved a new Grand Prix formula, initially valid for a three years starting with the 1934 season (although finally extended until 1938). The main innovation allowed single-seater cars with unlimited capacity to take part in races of over 500km, providing they respected a 'dry' maximum weight (not including water, oil or fuel) of 750kg. 

Ever since his rise to power Adolf Hitler had set out to control all aspects of German life and, at the same time, exploit international events for propaganda purposes - naturally including Grand Prix races, as showcases of technical prowess. Helped by government backing, the German firms Mercedes and Auto Union dominated the Grand Prix scene to such an extent that starting grids became smaller and smaller, and effective competition from other nations disappeared: Alfa Romeo, Maserati and Bugatti, with its Type 59, were little more than also-rans. 

Reaction of ACF Directors 

The heads of the Automobile Club de France, keen to see prestigious national firms return to racing, decided to introduce new rules for the 1936 ACF Grand Prix. Bugatti agreed in principal from the outset, and were soon joined by Delage, Delahaye, Amilcar and Talbot. The new regulations, adopted on 13 October 1935, opened the event to sports cars; the declared goal was, of course, to encourage the involvement of French firms and, if possible, facilitate their success; but also to openly encourage 'reasonable' racing cars whose development could be directly applied to series cars (the Le Mans 24 Hours had been launched in much the same spirit). 

Models were therefore to be produced in minimum numbers, and conform to a model available to the public - with a catalogue of basic requirements concerning wheelbase, dimensions of the chassis, exterior dimensions of the engine block, number of cylinders, number and positioning of valves and spark-plugs, type of clutch and axle, number of gears, steering system, type of suspension, dimension of the drum brakes, etc. Additionally, cars without a hood had to have at least two seats, wings, headlights, windscreen, horn, rear-view mirror, silencer and full lighting system, plus starter. 

The new rules also called for minimum production of 20 chassis/engine ensembles. The obligatory parallel between racing cars defending their marque on the track, and cars offered by catalogue to sporting clients, would lead to the design of some magnificent GTs, individually fitted by France's master-coachbuilders, in the years before World War II. 

The 150C & its Goals: To win the ACF Grand Prix & the Le Mans 24 Hours - and help promote the Marque 

In early 1934 Anthony Lago arrived from England to take charge at Talbot and ensure its return to economic health. After a convalescent period of modifications and modernization, he decided to go into track racing for two main reasons: to generate vital publicity, and - above all - as the perfect testing ground for the firm's new models. So he naturally responded favourably to the ACF's new rules, and tasked Walter Becchia to design a new sports car at the end of 1935. 

The result was the T150C. Four cars were produced for the 1936 season (the 'series' would be completed by two further cars in 1937). To ensure Talbot could start racing, and to pay for his new team of René Dreyfus and André Morel, Lago had no option but to sell two of the four cars - although they were still assembled at the factory. One was acquired by Pierre Louis-Dreyfus who, for reasons of discretion, competed under the pseudonym Heldé; the other was sold to Francique Cadot, a little-known car enthusiast from Lyon. 

The T150C to be offered for sale 

The car offered here is the one bought by Francique Cadot in 1936. For the ACF Grand Prix, the only race he took part in, he teamed up with the volatile Henry Stoffel from Alsace. They abandoned after a fuel leak after just 10 laps. Cadot, busy with his work and aware of his limitations, soon gave up thoughts of a racing career. Before the end of the season the car was lent to Raph for the Comminges Grand Prix, then shown by Talbot at the Paris Motor Show in October. During the close season Luigi Chinetti, hitherto Talbot's chief mechanic, quit the firm following a spate of disagreements with Becchia, and set up independently. His garage in Auteuil would be tasked with servicing the two privately-owned Talbots - which, so to speak, had formed the firm's B team. Problems with preparing the official cars at the start of the 1937 season meant it was Chinetti who ensured Talbot's presence at the Mille Miglia and Le Mans. Chassis n° 82930, driven by the talented young René Le Begue, crashed out of the Mille Miglia; at Le Mans, where it was driven by Chiron & Chinetti and considered a serious outsider, it dropped out after less than 100km. 

The car was acquired soon afterwards by René Le Bègue, who used it during end-of-season events in the first half of 1938. Promising results saw him join the official Talbot team during the year, so he sold his T150C to Pierre Bouillin, who raced under the pseudonym Levegh, and needed a car to take part in the Le Mans 24 Hours (with Jean Trévoux). The team were 2nd going into the 16th hour, but had to abandon due to a problem with a cylinder-head gasket. Less than a month later their participation in the Spa 24 Hours - something of a compensatory event for unlucky Le Mans competitors - ended when they careered off the track. Levegh suffered the same mishap during the Liège-Rome-Liège rally. But a series of high-placed finishes made 1939 a good year for Talbot and its driver - although there was further disappointment at Le Mans, where the 82930 again dropped out during the 24 Hours. 

After a lengthy hiatus due to World War II, racing resumed with existing vehicles in Grand Prix races staged mostly according to Formula Libre rules to help attract as many participants as possible - naturally including Levegh at the wheel of his Talbot. He took part in the first major post-war race in the Bois de Boulogne in September 1945, and posted some fine performances in 1946 - finishing 2nd in the Belgian Grand Prix, Nantes Grand Prix and the Grand Prix des Trois Villes du Nord. 

At the end of 1946 plans for a new single-seater Talbot were announced. Encouraged by his 1946 season Levegh was one of the first to pay a deposit for one of these T26Cs (n° 110004) and - slightly optimistic about the date of delivery - sold his T150C to Edmond Mouche. Like many others at the time, Mouche chose to modernize the car's appearance ahead of the new season. Making new things out of old was all that car enthusiasts could do, given the strict limitations imposed by the Pons five-year plan banning new models in France so as to ensure raw materials were reserved for national reconstruction. The T150C had new aluminium coachwork fitted at the Lecanu workshops in Levallois, then headed to Talbot in Suresnes for a serious overhaul - with Lockheed hydraulic brakes replacing the Bendix cable brakes. But Mouche was not really a Grand Prix driver and the Talbot, now ten years old and showing its sports car origins, could hardly compete with the Maseratis and supercharged ERAs which, along with the Talbot single-seaters from 1939, took part in the Grand Prix series of 1947 (which saw the official birth of Formula One at the Pau Grand Prix). The new Delage and Delahaye models were also superior. In this context Mouche - often with José Scaron as team-mate - was making up the numbers rather than challenging for honours. Even so, the reliable Talbot managed seven finishes out of eight - the exception being the Albi Grand Prix. 

Mouche retired from track racing at the end of the season and sold the car to Louis Rosier from Clermont, who had just spent two seasons driving a T150C (90115) that had begun life as a Figoni cabriolet before being rendered more or less raceworthy by Rosier himself in 1946, then having new bodywork fitted (also by Lecanu) for the 1947 season. Rosier only bought the T150C n° 82930 from Mouche because he needed a car for the start of the season - so he could remain active while awaiting his Talbot T26C (n° 110001). Louis Rosier used the car in the early season Grand Prix before exchanging it for his new single-seater. The 82930 became his back-up car - used for occasional sports car events, or offered for hire. This is how John Claes first sat at its wheel, with 3rd place at the Grand Prix des Frontières, and also how Louis Rosier Junior made his racing debut. Rosier Senior drove it himself at the Pescara Grand Prix (open to sports cars), finishing 3rd. In 1949 Rosier and his son shared the 82930 when the Le Mans 24 Hours started up again. The car's bad luck at Le Mans persisted, with a fourth abandonment in as many participations - a fate it would also endure at the ACF Grand Prix, held exceptionally at St-Gaudens in Formula Sport. Rosier and his son did, however, enjoy success at Le Mans in 1950, at the wheel of the T26GS (110055). 

Also in 1950 - its last year of active motor racing - our now obsolete and superfluous 82930 was lent to Jean Estager, a Clermont friend of Rosier's, before being mothballed in Auvergne until 1956, when it was bought by Ecurie Les Lévriers of Paris. But there was no return to track racing and, after remaining in storage for over a decade, the car was bought by Paul Bignon in August 1967. During this period, when this type of car was of interest to hardly anyone, he often acted as an intermediary, and sold the 82930 in October 1967 to Jacques Baillon, a haulage operator from Niort who had long specialized in collecting prestigious French cars - amassing so many, in fact, that he had no time to look after them properly, or even drive them. The unused Talbot would remain his property for over a decade until 1979, when cash-flow problems prompted an auction where most of Baillon's cars were sold. It was bought by Lucien Mette Senior - who already had another buyer lined up: Edouard Bittel, who sold it on to René Mauries in 1982. Mauries, in turn, sold it to Michel Seydoux that same year. 

None of these French car enthusiasts did any work on the car, which was still in its unrestored condition of 1967 when it arrived in England in 1983, as the property of Charles Howard of 16 Queen's Gate, Place Mews in London - an area of the city popular with vintage car dealers. His neighbour Dan Margulies, of 12 Queen's Gate, acquired it soon afterwards, and had it restored with a view to making a tidy profit. But his attempts to sell it by placing advertisements in the specialist British press (complete with photograph) in July 1983 were doomed to failure. In its state at the time no one was interested, especially as no documents were available to chart its history - not even to prove it had taken part in the Le Mans 24 Hours in 1949. But the pragmatic Margulies, who remembered racing against Guy Gale's T150C (n° 82934) in 1954 at the wheel of his own Delahaye 135S (ex-Rob Walker), decided to re-fit the 82930 as a Type T150C racing car - little suspecting that this was its original raison d'être ! 

He hired the renowned specialist Paul Grist to removed the Lecanu bodywork (later sold in Italy, then seen at Retromobile five/six years ago). Grist based his bodywork on two T150Cs in England. Work was finished by the start of 1984, finally enabling the car to return to the track after an absence of nearly 35 years - at Silverstone in July. It was driven, still unpainted, by Richard Bond. One month later - now painted - it was driven by David Cohen, who had bought it in the interim. 

The Talbot was soon back with Margulies, but he wasted no time in finding another buyer: Peter Hannen, who drove it in the Historic Mille Miglia, in which the car took part on several occasions - notably in 1987, 1988 and 1989 with its next owner, Jeffrey Pattinson, dynamic director of Coys of Kensington, one of the most prominent dealers in historic automobiles. 

Five years later Pattinson sold it to Erich Trabber then, before it had been transported to Switzerland, to Peter Groh in Germany, where it underwent fresh restoration at Feierabend - before at last finding its way to Erich Trabber in 2000. The 82930 was carefully prepared and maintained by Markus Scharnost until, in 2002 it became part of the garage of the automobile connoisseur who entered it in Artcurial Motorcars 2013 Rétromobile auction during which it was purchased by Hervé Ogliastro. The car went directly to his property in the South-West of France where it was serviced and maintained by the excellent Francis Courteix. The car has been driven regularly on the back roads of this splendid region but Hervé no longer has a use for it as it serves the same purpose as his Grand Prix Bugatti. 

Collector Interest 

A large-capacity French sports car made in line with 'ACF 1936' regulations, and therefore with the goal of victory at Le Mans, is a rare animal: we are basically talking about 6 Talbot T150Cs, 4 Bugatti 57Gs, 15 Delahaye 135Ss, four 145 V12s and 2 Delages. If we narrow it down to cars that have survived in reasonable condition, we are talking about less than 20 vehicles. 

A Talbot T150C won the ACF Grand Prix and Tourist Trophy in 1937, took part in the 1937 Mille Miglia, then in the first post-war Grand Prix races in 1946 and 1947 - making our car highly historic, with a fully charted career. It is eligible for any major event in the vintage racing calendar. As such it represents a prime target for any connoisseur keen to take part in the Mille Miglia, Le Mans Classic or even, in certain conditions, the Historic Grand Prix of Monaco. 

Our car took part in the Le Mans 24 Hours on four occasions. It was owned by Levegh - whose epic drive behind the wheel of a T26GS at Le Mans in 1952, when he spent 23 hours out in front, led to his joining Mercedes for the tragic race of 1955. In 1949 our car was driven by Rosier at Le Mans, before he won the 1950 race in a post-war Talbot T26GS. In other words, this is a car with profound links to the stellar event of endurance racing. 

Even if competitive racing is not a priority for its future owner, this car's classically simple design means it can be driven on long trips without a care in the world, alone or with Madame - or in any vintage car rally. 

Pierre Abeillon 

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS 

CHASSIS 

- side-frames with interior openwork renforts 

- wheelbase: 2650mm (104in) 

- track (front & back): 1320mm (52in) 

ENGINE 

- straight 6 cylinders, longitudinally mounted at front 

- bore/stroke: 90 x 104.5mm = 3988cc 

- power in 1936: 170 bhp at 4700 rpm 

- hemispherical combustion chambers 

- overhead valves operated by pushrods & rocker-arms from lateral camshaft 

GEAR-BOX 

- Wilson pre-selector 4-speed, plus reverse 

SUSPENSION 

- front: independent wheels 

- back: rigid axle 

BRAKES 

- drums all round 

- weight: 1000-1100kg (980kg in racing version) 

- top speed: 210km/h (131mph) 

TALBOT T150C 82930 : COMPETITION RECORD

28/06/1936 GP de l'ACF 62 Cadot/Stoffel Ab 

05/07/1936 GP de la Marne 54 Bradley Forfait 

09/08/1936 GP du Comminges 38 Raph 3e 

04/04/1937 Mille Milles 139 Le Begue/Cattanéo Ab 

06/06/1937 3 H de Marseille 22 Morel 5e 

19-20/6/1937 24 H du Mans 21 Chiron/Chinetti Ab 

18/07/1937 GP de la Marne 4 Le Bègue 3e 

04/09/1937 Tourist Trophy 9 Le Bègue 2e 

19/09/1937 Journée de l'AGACI : coupe d'Automne 72 Le Bègue Ab 

19/09/1937 Journée de l'AGACI : coupe de Vitesse 72 Le Bègue 1er 

15-20/2/1938 Rallye Paris-St Raphael 72 Lamberjack 7e 

10/04/1938 GP de Pau 16 Le Bègue Forfait 

08/05/1938 Journée de l'AGACI 70 Le Bègue

18-19/6/1938 24 heures du Mans 7 Levegh/Trevoux Ab 

9-10/7/1938 24 heures de Spa 16 Levegh/Trevoux Ab 

17-21/8/1938 Liege-Rome-Liege 23 Levegh/Carriere Ab 

11/09/1938 12 heures de Paris 14 Levegh Forfait 

07/05/1939 Coupe de Paris 49 Levegh

21/05/1939 GP d'Anvers 22 Levegh 4e 

04/06/1939 GP du Luxembourg 2 Levegh 3e 

17-18/6/1939 24 heures du Mans 9 Levegh/Le Begue Ab 

06/08/1939 GP du Comminges 24 Levegh 5e 

27/08/1939 GP de Liege Levegh annulée 

03/09/1939 GP de La Baule 18 Levegh annulée 

09/09/1945 Coupe des Prisonniers 6 Levegh Ab 

22/04/1946 GP de Nice 22 Levegh Ab 

30/05/1946 GP du Bois de Boulogne 8 Levegh 5e 

16/06/1946 GP de Belgique 55 Levegh 2e 

07/07/1946 GP de Bourgogne 12 Levegh Ab 

28/07/1946 GP de Nantes 8 Levegh 2e 

25/08/1946 Circuit des 3 villes du nord8 Levegh 2e 

06/10/1946 Coupe du Salon 12 Levegh 3e 

Nouvelle carrosserie réalisée chez LECANU à PARIS

18/05/1947 GP de Marseilles 38 Jose Scaron/Edmond Mouche 8e 

01/06/1947 GP de Nimes 47 Jose Scaron/Edmond Mouche 10e 

08/06/1947 Coupes de l'AGACI Edmond Mouche 2e 

06/07/1947 GP de la Marne 24 Jose Scaron/Edmond Mouche 5e 

13/07/1947 GP d'Albi 24 Edmond Mouche/José Scaron Ab 

03/08/1947 GP d'Alsace 28 Edmond Mouche 9e 

10/08/1947 GP du Comminges 32 Edmond Mouche 8e 

21/09/1947 GP de l'ACF 4 Gianfranco Comotti 6e 

12/10/1947 Circuito del Valentino 10 Gianfranco Comotti 4e 

29/03/1948 GP de Pau 28 Louis Rosier 4e 

16/05/1948 GP des Frontieres 28 Johnny Claes 3e 

30/05/1948 GP de Paris 6 Louis Rosier/Charles Huc 5e 

15/08/1948 GP di Pescara 6 Louis Rosier

19/09/1948 12 heures de Paris 7 Louis Rosier Ab 

19/09/1948 12 heures de Paris 7 Andre Morel Ab 

26/06/1949 24 heures du Mans 7 Louis Rosier Ab 

26/06/1949 24 heures du Mans 7 Jean Louis Rosier Ab 

07/08/1949 GP de l'ACF 22 Louis Rosier Ab 

07/08/1949 GP de l'ACF 22 Yves Giraud Cabantous Ab 

15/08/1949 GP di Pescara 4 Louis Rosier Ab 

09/10/1949 Coupes du Salon 25 Jean Estager 2 

26/03/1950 Coupes de l'ACIF 3 Jean Estager Ab 

30/07/1950 GP de Rouen 10 Jean Estager 8e 

Nouvelle carrosserie réalisée chez Paul GRIST

14/07/1984 VSCC-Silverstone 51 Bond

18-19/8/1984 AvD-Nürburgring 114 Cohen

18-19/8/1984 AvD-Nürburgring 25 Cohen  

24/08/1986 VSCC-Cadwell-Park Hannen

21/09/1986 VSCC-Donington Hannen

12/10/1986 Targa Florio historique 93 Hannen/Margulies  

21 au 24/5/1987 Mille Milles historiques 77 Hannen/Pattinson  

5 au 8/5/1988 Mille Milles historiques Pattinson/Hugi

29/05/1988 RAC-Norwich Union RAC run to Silverstone Pattinson/McCarty

25/06/1988 VSCC-Silverstone event 1 374 Pattinson

16-17/7/1988 VSCC-Silverstone Pattinson  

15/04/1989 VSCC-Silverstone, event 2 96 Pattinson

28 au 30/4/1989 Mille Milles historiques 86 Pattinson/Lamplough

11/06/1989 ACAV-Avignon Pattinson

24/06/1989 VSCC-Silverstone, event 1 178 Pattinson

8-9/7/1989 VSCC-Oulton Park 32 Pattinson  

17 au 19/5/1990 Mille Milles historiques 87 Pattinson/Saul

23-24/6/1990 ASAVE-Montlhéry Pattinson

28-29/7/1990 HGPCA-Silverstone Pattinson

11-12/8/1990 AvD-Nürburgring Pattinson

23/09/1990 ACRA-Angoulème 8 Sinkin  

20/04/1991 VSCC-Silverstone 144 V.Linsay

13 au 16/8/1992 AvD-Nürburgring-Course 3 120 Pattinson

juin-01 Berne Scharnost

août-02 AvD-Nürburgring Valentin von Dziembowski

sept-04 Le Mans classique 6 Valentin von Dziembowski 13/08/2006 AvD-Oldtimer GP-Nurburgring 7 43 Valentin von Dziembowski

sept-06 Le Mans classique 18 Dziembowski/Scharnost 

OWNERS OF TALBOT T150C 82930  

1936 Francisque CADOT 

1936 AUTOMOBILES TALBOT à Suresnes 

1937 Luigi CHINETTI 

1937 René LE BEGUE (imm.2717RL2) 

1938 Pierre "LEVEGH" (imm.2717RL2) 

1946 Edmond MOUCHE (11/1946) recarrossée chez LECANU et dotée de freins hydraulyques à l'usine 

1948 Louis ROSIER (imm.8212NH6 le 23/3/1948) 

1956 Ecurie Automobiles "Les Levriers" (imm.168FB75 le 23/3/1956) 

1967 Paul BIGNON (imm. 168FB75 le 24/8/1967) 

1967 Jacques BAILLON (le 17/10/1967) 

1979 Lucien METTE Senior (24 juin 1979 ; vente aux enchères des autos de Baillon) 

1979 Edouard BITTEL (juin 1979) 

1981 René MAURIES 

1982 Michel SEYDOUX 

1983 Charles HOWARD 

1983 Dan MARGULIES recarrossée en T150C par Paul GRIST pour le compte de Dan MARGULIES 

1984 David COHEN 

1984 Dan MARGULIES 

1985 Peter HANNEN 

1987 Jeffrey PATTINSON 

1993 Erich TRABBER 

1993 Jeffrey PATTINSON 

1993 Peter GROH en Allemagne (la met en vente par l'intermédiaire de Klaus Werner) 

2000 Erich TRABBER (vente de Monaco) 

2002 Von Dziembowsk

1936 Talbot Lago T150C 1936 Talbot Lago T150C 1936 Talbot Lago T150C

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis # 099436 

Body no. AM3717 

  • A superbe older restoration by Lecoq 
  • Beautiful condition 
  • One of the rarest and most elegant versions of the Traction 

Its splendid lines led Hervé Ogliastro to add a Traction Avant faux-convertible to his collection, given that he already owned a convertible. It was André Lecoq who found this particular car for him. The Conservatoire André Citroën officially confirmed us that it had been sold on May 14, 1937, and that the chassis and body numbers correspond. Once acquired, this faux-cabriolet underwent a comprehensive restoration in 1992 in the workshops of André Lecoq, one of the most renowned restorers in Europe. Nothing was left out : the body was stripped, the sheet metal repaired and repainted, the chrome was redone and the missing accessories replaced. The upholstery was refurbished and all equipment was checked, completed and restored as needed. The mechanicals have also been completely overhauled, with the refurbishment of the running gear, brakes, engine and accessories. The wiring harness was redone and the electrical equipment checked. The file that comes with the car contains a large number of invoices totaling nearly 440,000 francs. 

In plum color with light beige upholstery and red imitation leather rear seats, the car is in a beautiful condition, the restoration showing a beautiful patina. Remember that the faux-cabriolet is one of the rarest versions of the Traction Avant. Produced till the autumn of 1938, the total production did not exceed some 700 units. This is a very rare opportunity to acquire one of the most beautiful examples around. 

Please note there is an administrative mistake on the French title on which is mentioned a type 11 instead of the type 7C which is consistent with the numbers of the car. 

1937 Citroën Traction 7C faux-cabriolet 1937 Citroën Traction 7C faux-cabr... 1937 Citroën Traction 7C faux-cabriolet

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars

French title 

Chassis n ° HK1 BQ6 

Engine No. TY7 11237 

  • Limited number of owners 
  • High quality rehabilitation, meticulously maintained 
  • Since 1985 in the hands of two enthusiasts of the brand 
  • Driven regularly, fine tuning 

Delivered new on 20 April 1960 to the Compagnie de Pont-à-Mousson, this car was used by its general manager, Roger Martin. On 30 September 1963, it was sold to Stéphane Terrat, an engineer in the Lorraine steel industry and repainted black. It was then used as a car for long journeys. In January 1968, when the owner retired, it was re-registered in the Var department. Following the death of Mr. Terrat in 1978, it was sold to an enthusiast of historic vehicles, a car dealership in Pontet, near Avignon and remained unregistered and static for about seven years. Offered at the end of 1985 at an auction in Reims, it was acquired by two enthusiasts of the brand, members of Amicale Facel, who carried out an extensive restoration before using it on a regular basis and maintaining it carefully since. Before it was back on the road in 1986 the car had been fully serviced at the ACP workshopin in Paris. It was then entrusted to the Tisserand workshop for a complete restoration totaling some 800 hours of labor (bodywork and mechanicals) to make it perfectly operational. It was at this time that the current ivory hue was chosen from the Facel color chart and that goes beautifully with the car's red leather upholstery with its beautiful patina. 

Since its restoration, it has covered about 40,000 km and has been the subject of meticulous maintenance by its owners and by Facel specialists such as Établissements Tisserand or Dexade, now known as Véga Passion. The car has benefited from numerous works to keep it in good condition, evidenced by the impressive invoice folder coming with the car. Powered by its original engine and an original gearbox, it is one of the most beautiful HK 500, whilst remaining a true enthusiast's bolide that has been carefully kept. Our test drive confirmed the very good working condition of the car.

1960 Facel Vega HK 500 1960 Facel Vega HK 500 1960 Facel Vega HK 500

10-02-2017 Sold Artcurial Motorcars